Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The latest Tesco advert that says "we want you to spend less". No you don't and even if you did you wouldn't have a Clubcard price and another more expensive one for people without Clubcard.

That's something they've nicked from the American chains, by the way - last time I was there, a lassie at the till in Safeway (I think) gave me a loyalty card using her own details as I obviously didn't have an address to fill one out with. Saved about 50% on the stuff I bought.

6 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The latest Tesco advert that says "we want you to spend less". No you don't and even if you did you wouldn't have a Clubcard price and another more expensive one for people without Clubcard.

I’m sure everyone knows this but the Clubcard was invented in order to pay off a blackmailer.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Deadly serious. How do you think @Shandön Par afforded to move to Edinburgh?

Why filter drinks when you can dig folk up and pawn their jewellery? 

Happily back in Fife living like a low rent version of Robert Plant, growing my hair and playing guitar. 

4 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Why filter drinks when you can dig folk up and pawn their jewellery? 

Happily back in Fife living like a low rent version of Robert Plant, growing my hair and playing guitar. 

Be sure to let us know when you accidentally slice your fingers open on an improbably jaggy string.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Be sure to let us know when you accidentally slice your fingers open on an improbably jaggy string.

Might be worse, he could fall down the stairway to heaven.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I didn’t know that and I don’t think I believe it.

It was in Dorset. Someone threatened to bomb various Tesco stores. To pay the ransom they produced theses special loyalty/club cards that could be used to anonymously withdraw cash. 

Just now, Shandön Par said:

It was in Dorset. Someone threatened to bomb various Tesco stores. To pay the ransom they produced theses special loyalty/club cards that could be used to anonymously withdraw cash. 

I think it’s the conspiracy thread you’re looking for.

2 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

I think it's likely that they now encourage their use so they can flog the shopping patterns of millions of named customers to anyone prepared to pay. 

P.S. Clubcards came first, the scam/blackmail was to replace loads of them with ATM cards so they wouldn't know who collected the ransom. Didn't work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesco_bomb_campaign

Edited by welshbairn