Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Epic-Toy-Design-Fails-teddy-bear.jpg

Christ, I'll be having nightmares of torsoless women now.

Another vote for haddock. TBF, when I was a wean in England, the chippy normally had haddock, but you had to ask for it.

Someone feel free to correct me if my age-addled brain is misremembering, but did there not use to be a fish and chip shop either part of or very close to the fish merket in Peterheid?

I have memories of getting the best ever fish from there, you didna dare ask for cod, haddock or anything specific or you’d get the 1000yard state, you got what had been landed that day (possibly unrecorded “black fish”) and it was the freshest fish I think I ever had.

49 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Someone feel free to correct me if my age-addled brain is misremembering, but did there not use to be a fish and chip shop either part of or very close to the fish merket in Peterheid?

I have memories of getting the best ever fish from there, you didna dare ask for cod, haddock or anything specific or you’d get the 1000yard state, you got what had been landed that day (possibly unrecorded “black fish”) and it was the freshest fish I think I ever had.

It is or was pre Brexit Europe's largest fish market and would make sense for them to use whatever is landed to turn into a fish supper. Tbh there is no reason other than fashion to only use Haddock and Cod for fish suppers and doing so massively damages the fishing stock.

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

The Dolphin.

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

What with all this climate change fake noos and the like, it can only be a matter of time before the coasts of Caledonia are teeming with invasive species and Lionfish suppers will be all the rage..................

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/jun/12/fish-leather-lionfish-sustainable-invasive-species

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Surely they should be happy if people are ordering fish that that was caught earlier, because if it doesn't get eaten they'll have to throw it out and lose money?

The fish is only there to hide the heroin and coke.

If they did then folk would arrive at 9:30 and be 30 minutes early though. 
Which is what's happening to me because they've said to be 15 minutes early. Just say 10am and start the fucker regardless of who's pitched up.

I can tell I'm going to be stood there at 9.45 doing f**k all and asking the poor sod why I needed to be there early.

I like being early, it's stressful worrying if you're gonna be late. I usually tell my habitually late friends to meet half an hour before we actually have to meet knowing that means they might only be half an hour late. Just spend the time in between pissing about on P&B.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa