Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 11/06/2022 at 17:28, Wile E Coyote said:

Drum solos at concerts. Utter pish

As a drummer, I completely agree. It's fine to listen to folk like Benny Greb do their wee drum exhibitions, but throwing a drum solo into a song is show off bollocks. 

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

All solos are playing pish, we’ve turned up to see the band m8, not one bloke why the rest of you stand around

I completely disagree. A good melodic solo can make a song. I would suggest a 10 minute solo is too long though. 

4 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

What about Tony's favourite - gaba gool?

Why bother spending several dozen hours watching The Sopranos when you can just see all the bits worth watching in this handy sub-minute video?

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

Some drum solos are very good. Heavy metal is by far and away the best for this.

I watched a bit if The Shadows last tour the other night and the drummer did a solo that honestly was rubbish. It could have been that he was older now, but i often look at drummers in a lot of bands who lucked out hugely as they don't need to be that good at all.

See also bass guitars.

6 minutes ago, velo army said:

Some drum solos are very good. Heavy metal is by far and away the best for this.

I watched a bit if The Shadows last tour the other night and the drummer did a solo that honestly was rubbish. It could have been that he was older now, but i often look at drummers in a lot of bands who lucked out hugely as they don't need to be that good at all.

See also bass guitars.

Bass is for failed guitarists. Having rarely touched a bass in my life, I reckon I could pick one up and be playing it to your average working musician's standard within an hour.

5 minutes ago, Paxo said:

Bass is for failed guitarists. Having rarely touched a bass in my life, I reckon I could pick one up and be playing it to your average working musician's standard within an hour.

"My nan could play the bass tbh"

"Farmers instrument."

26 minutes ago, Paxo said:

Six-strings are for little people who can't reach the end of a bass and who have weak, child-like fingers that can't manage the thicker strings. You'd probably break a nail and cry. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Six-strings are for little people who can't reach the end of a bass and who have weak, child-like fingers that can't manage the thicker strings. You'd probably break a nail and cry. 

Well no actually, because I have 13s on my acoustic which makes me hard af.

How many bass guitar players does it take to change a lightbulb?

None, us piano players can do it with our left hand. 

🤣😂🤣😎.

There are bass players who are fantastic, like the boy from Primus. He's ace.