Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, A96 said:

The sheer futility of doing any dusting in my house.

Dusted in the living room earlier today ,including the black glass TV stand.  Within 3 hours it's needing done again. 

crisp.jpg.44d22f7c57882898a3386d6c96e9a2d2.jpg

On 01/06/2022 at 11:09, 10menwent2mow said:

Or it could just be called what it is and either a sausage bap/sausage softie/sausage sandwich. This roll and sausage nonsense seems to be a Glasgow thing. Its universally accepted that a bacon roll/softie/bap is the universal term for bacon inside a bun/softie/roll/ whatever you call it, now, I can understand not calling it a sausage roll due to the potential for getting the pastry version. Or do Glaswegians use this 'roll and....' business for everything. Is it a roll and bacon, a roll and egg, a roll and chips????

You can't say something is universal when your own example quotes three differing ways of saying it.

13 hours ago, A96 said:

The sheer futility of doing any dusting in my house.

Dusted in the living room earlier today ,including the black glass TV stand.  Within 3 hours it's needing done again. 

I don't mind folk writing in the dust, but I do object to them dating it. 

15 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Peeling a banana and getting all the wee straggly bits still on it. Then have to footer with it before you can bite it. They should be one of the easiest fruits to eat as they come in their own packaging and so should be footer free.

(Unsure if that's how you spell footer)

If you observe chimpanzees, they peel bananas from the bottom up to avoid this difficulty. 

On 02/06/2022 at 10:32, sugna said:

I was in a bakery at Earlston a week ago. Got a couple of morning rolls (paradoxically, quite an uncontroversial term), and as it was close to lunchtime I asked them what pies they had.

"Mince, mince and onion, haggis, breakfast pie, steak pie..."

"Breakfast pie?'

"Yes. Hot or cold?"

A new one on me, and while its contents delivered on its name, I wouldn't recommend it for eating while driving. The baked beans and eggs run free.

Eat too many of those breakfast pies and it will be more than the baked beans and eggs running free...

On 02/06/2022 at 15:34, RH33 said:

And an impressive set they are! If I do say so myself.

Self praise is no recommendation.

So...

On 02/06/2022 at 19:33, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

image.png.6983f719261908d3ff3cd7ee5cc01c07.png

Glad I'm not eating my breakfast.

12 hours ago, BFTD said:

Alright, Paulo.

Apparently it's 'fouter', so I've been spelling it wrong all this time too (futter).

Me an' a'.

Although I'd dispute the Wiktionary definition.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Me an' a'.

Although I'd dispute the Wiktionary definition.

Looks like it used to mean something else in England.

Wiktionary claims that we call football "footer" as well, which is clearly bollocks. Soccer, footy, footy footy socc socc...I've heard them all, but 'footer'?

38 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Wiktionary claims that we call football "footer" as well, which is clearly bollocks. Soccer, footy, footy footy socc socc...I've heard them all, but 'footer'?

Maybe in Aberdeen

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Probably used by the same people who say 'rugger'.

59 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

When others in the household move the dial on the toaster.

Our cleaner switches the power off on the toaster (as someone who has blown one up whilst fishing out a bit of stuck toast with a knife I can appreciate she wants to stay safe). Whenever I try and have a bit of toast on a Saturday morning I can’t get the lever thing to stay down, lose my rag with the toaster then realise it’s switched off. Folk shouldn’t mess with another man’s toaster.

1 minute ago, Shandön Par said:

Our cleaner switches the power off on the toaster (as someone who has blown one up whilst fishing out a bit of stuck toast with a knife I can appreciate she wants to stay safe). Whenever I try and have a bit of toast on a Saturday morning I can’t get the lever thing to stay down, lose my rag with the toaster then realise it’s switched off. Folk shouldn’t mess with another man’s toaster.

First world problems thread for this

23 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

In my day an old fashioned horse whipping would sort that, maybe a cruel meme on FB will have to suffice in this woke world.

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

Serfs these days eh?