Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

For accuracy, gravity and time have to be factored into the calculation.

I’m stopping here before I post something I regret/get banned/get hunted down and beaten up by @RH33.

Possibly all three.

9 hours ago, sugna said:

I was in a bakery at Earlston a week ago. Got a couple of morning rolls (paradoxically, quite an uncontroversial term), and as it was close to lunchtime I asked them what pies they had.

"Mince, mince and onion, haggis, breakfast pie, steak pie..."

"Breakfast pie?'

"Yes. Hot or cold?"

A new one on me, and while its contents delivered on its name, I wouldn't recommend it for eating while driving. The baked beans and eggs run free.

I stopped off briefly in Earlston last Saturday.  That could have been me.

On 01/06/2022 at 14:49, welshbairn said:

A bap's one of these huge rolls.

0_Morrisons-Breakfast-Butty-14.jpg

That looks not unlike something I encountered in Bradford years ago that they called a flatcake breakfast....basically a roll about the diameter of an LP record with the contents of a frying pan dumped into it. Band I was in at the time were recording there and round the corner from the studio there was a wee newsagent that did them.

TBH, we'd normally get one of them between two of us...only person that managed a whole one was the keyboard player, which was odd as he was about nine stone soaking wet and normally existed on a diet of amphetamine sulphate and cider.

Here's one - glad to see they're still available:

image.jpeg.db5574a284073b18d24c916507d120ff.jpeg

Wife has just had a phone call seeing if she can come in for an appointment at a hospital a 35 minute drive away as they've had a cancellation. Don't get me wrong, I'm.glad she's getting seen, been waiting long enough, but now have to cancel plans to drive her there, wait around for who knows how long and then drive her back. Bit of a pain.

Other peoples' modern electronic devices, particularly TVs that require multiple controllers to use ("no, no... you have to do it in this order"), and those ovens/hobs that have touch-sensitive buttons with no words or letters written beside them.  

Honestly, wtf was wrong with hobs that have numbered turney bits? How have we ended up in a world in which you need to touch eleven buttons in a given order to turn on a hob to a heat of 7???

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Wife has just had a phone call seeing if she can come in for an appointment at a hospital a 35 minute drive away as they've had a cancellation.  Don't get me wrong , I'm glad she's getting seen, been waiting long enough, but now have to cancel plans to drive her there, wait around for who knows how long and then drive her back. Bit of a pain.

Aye , fvkkin sounds like it 

Peeling a banana and getting all the wee straggly bits still on it. Then have to footer with it before you can bite it. They should be one of the easiest fruits to eat as they come in their own packaging and so should be footer free.

(Unsure if that's how you spell footer)

Edited by jimbaxters

The sheer futility of doing any dusting in my house.

Dusted in the living room earlier today ,including the black glass TV stand.  Within 3 hours it's needing done again. 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

My 5 year old has just explained to me that putting water into an ice cube tray, and putting it in the freezer, is a "hack".

Fucking youtube

Just be glad that they haven't been radicalised and have become Metric Martyrs or such

4 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

futre 

Alright, Paulo.

Apparently it's 'fouter', so I've been spelling it wrong all this time too (futter).