Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 26/05/2022 at 07:26, mathematics said:

What are you doing with the PDF macros and how?

I’ve a case this week where even the acknowledgements have been plagiarised.

Whoops

Edited by scottsdad
Just realised I posted a cheat on a public forum!

Books written by Americans that pad out the book with unimportant detail.  For example:

"We realised the epidemic was getting out of control so I arranged to meet John at the Institute of Biological Research in Annapolis, Maryland.  He was dressed in a blue track suit with white trainers, which his wife Judy had bought for Christmas.  They had been married for fifteen years after starting off as high school sweethearts.  He majored in infectious diseases while she became a nurse.  However, their six year old son Bob wasn't interested in medicine at all and wanted to be a baseball player.  John and Judy tried their best to take him to games whenever Washington were playing at home and of course when there wasn't an epidemic on the go, such as now."

A complete hipster dick in the guitar store.

I was in getting a partial refund as my Jaguar is on sale ($150 cheaper) and within 45 days of purchase I can claim back the difference.

As always I ficher aboot with the guitars for fun (and sometimes to buy), they let you plug into amps as well to check tone etc.

This moustachioed penis-waver picks up a guitar, plugs into the biggest amp available and cranks it up. Then spends 15 minutes “showing off” his hammer-on ultra-fast “skills”. All without the ability to actually do it and with an out of tune guitar.

And, no, I don’t play STH!

4 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

This moustachioed penis-waver picks up a guitar, plugs into the biggest amp available and cranks it up. Then spends 15 minutes “showing off” his hammer-on ultra-fast “skills”. All without the ability to actually do it and with an out of tune guitar.

See the source image

5 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Books written by Americans that pad out the book with unimportant detail.

Never read American Psycho.

Today's PTTGOYN: Microsoft putting random wee pictures on the search bar in Windows, making me panic that I'd accidentally installed some old-school trojan aimed at bored secretaries.

15 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

BBC breakfast has gone all out Jubilee. Impossible to watch. 

I'm down near Bury just now and the amount of bunting etc is bewildering.

I don't understand the mentality tbh.

Have you returned from an extended absence from posting, or am I thinking of someone else?
Never been away but definitely don't post as much as I used to. Mixture of getting too old for this shit, not having much to say, trying to use phone/devices less etc.

1 minute ago, Swarley said:
9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
Have you returned from an extended absence from posting, or am I thinking of someone else?

Never been away but definitely don't post as much as I used to. Mixture of getting too old for this shit, not having much to say, trying to use phone/devices less etc.

And also that your team is shite? 

11 minutes ago, Swarley said:
18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You're never too old for this shit - keep posting.

31 minutes ago, Swarley said:
38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Doesn't stop anybody else.