Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Footballers not going by their surnames.

We ought to start doing the same with our international players. Have a public vote for what name goes on the back of their shirts.

I've always suspected that names like Garrincha translated to something like Meatball or The Thumb anyway.

Everything about croquet. From the ridiculous rules, the mallets and the folk that play it, it really annoys me. It'll likely come back as an Olympic event now. 
Phyllis-Court-croquet-2.jpg.64d85312a23735877727eb4c040561d0.jpg
Fun fact: Sheriff Tiraspol have two international standard croquet lawns.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Get yourself one of those alarms that emit a light that gradually gets stronger shortly before the sound goes off.

Genuinely one of my best purchases. In winter it's worth every penny of the hunner pown I spent on it. 

Just now, Leith Green said:

Lazy journalists badging every scandal as some kind of gate.

Partygate, Beergate etc

Booooooring as f**k

All started with Watergate, a legitimate "gate" as the hotel was called that. Then the Clintons got into bother over White Water which the US press dubbed "White Watergate". Since then everything is a "gate". 

14 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Having my breakfast this morning and was confronted by an advert for tena lady on the TV where a woman pishes the couch, I really don't need to see that at breakfast.

Been out with a few like that.

36 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Partygate, Beergate etc

Booooooring as f**k

Yup, garbage nonsense. Plus it doesn't really make sense, as then the Watergate scandal should have been called 'Watergategate'.

34 minutes ago, velo army said:

Genuinely one of my best purchases. In winter it's worth every penny of the hunner pown I spent on it. 

I got a cheap £30 quid off Amazon and it does the job. The fatigue I was feeling every day went away very quickly. I was able to get out of bed easier now instead of constantly feeling absolutely knackered and hitting or snooze or just falling back asleep (I was having to fight sleep so often).

Stopped using it for some reason and was feeling exhausted all the time. Started using it again last month and feel so much better, even when I sleep less.

55 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Partygate, Beergate etc

Booooooring as f**k

Same with adding the suffix "-holic" to everything. "My wife's a chocoholic". GTF.

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

We ought to start doing the same with our international players. Have a public vote for what name goes on the back of their shirts.

I've always suspected that names like Garrincha translated to something like Meatball or The Thumb anyway.

Little Bird (or Little Wren). Some boy, by the way.

Garrincha never bothered about the 'details' of the game. As his teammates were celebrating the World Cup win, he was initially bemused, having been under the impression that the competition was more league-like and that Brazil would play all the other teams twice.

Later that month (May), he went on tour with Botafogo in Sweden and got a local girl pregnant.[26] When he returned to Brazil, he drove home to Pau Grande and ran over his father, Amaro. He drove off without stopping, with an angry mob chasing him, and when they caught up with him they found him "drunk, almost catatonic, and with no grasp of what he had done."[27] In August, his wife, Nair, gave birth to their fifth child, and his mistress Iraci announced her first pregnancy.

Apart from his age (he was almost 40), "there was another reason for wanting to retire: he had become a grandfather for the first time – his daughter Edenir had just given birth to Alexandra – and being a professional football player and a grandfather felt weird."

he is known to have fathered at least 14 children

Edited by EvilScotsman
forgot the link

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Partygate, Beergate etc

Booooooring as f**k

Very annoying although I'm desperate for a scandal involving a gate so it can be referred to as gategate.

Probably been mentioned before, but when a tv quiz presenter is bidding farewell to a losing contestant/guest, he (it's only males i've heard) says "give my love to (insert place where contestant comes from)".

Brucie was my first memory of this patronising p1sh, but i see Bradley Walsh is at it on The Chase

Embarrassing stuff.