Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I've no idea what it means, but I'm finding all this talk of being "grannied" most disturbing.

I'd imagined that most of you would be far too young for those kinds of shenanigans.

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I've no idea what it means, but I'm finding all this talk of being "grannied" most disturbing.

I'd imagined that most of you would be far too young for those kinds of shenanigans.

I was in a pub in Gateshead the other day and used the term 'grannied'. Local expressed interest and maintained that in that part of the world they used 'nana-ed'. At least I think that's what he said, they can be difficult to make out.

Anyway, my PTTGOYN is the range of Michael Buerk adverts on Sky, seeking to part people from their true blue/blue rinse pounds in exchange for the opportunity to purchase  weird gold coins and other patriotic gold items.

I realise that celebrity endorsements don't require said celebrity to act on their own advice to purchase these products. It may also be the case that Buerk has an enormous stash of these unique/limited-offer treasures in his safety deposit box but, if not, he's being somewhat hypocritical. This bloke has presented 'The Moral Maze' for years and must realise that his image as a man who thinks seriously on moral and ethical issues is a factor in his being chosen for gigs like this.

9 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

f**k it, 'm going to pay for your ticket & you can come live with me.  You and wife will hit off. Then the 19 yo wakes up and it's like an Iraqi war meeting.

I’d watch this if it was a Channel 5 documentary tbh.

8 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Presenters who shout to contestants or audience, "Get Ready for Round 1!" or "Are you ready for the next round?"

Even more annoying when all reply, "Yeeesssss!" 

At festivals when you're casually watching some band you're not familiar with.

"Come on guys you can do better than that" 

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Scottish commentators are grateful that Rafael Scheidt never made it at Parkhead.

Wasn't tebily at celtic at the time?

Imagine them time wasting.

Tebily... Scheidt,still Scheidt and back to tebily... Scheidt 

On 07/05/2022 at 09:59, Sergeant Wilson said:

I went for rolls this morning and was delayed in the queue by an orc discussing his travel plans to some game or other to the enthralled shop assistant. I got out the shop into the beginning of an Orange walk.

Are these connected?

I'm going to live in Carfin Grotto for a few weeks.

1328845238_tedprot.jpg.dfa47664acddf1427d794f88cf044614.jpg

22 hours ago, scottsdad said:

People who say "much" when they should say "many. 

" I have some time off coming up. "

" Really? How much days? "

Paging @Aim Here who, iirc posted his highly informative and entertaining treatise on the use of much and many (see also less and fewer) not long ago.

On 07/05/2022 at 09:53, buchan30 said:

During the week i struggle to get out of bed at 6:30am, all i want to do is pull the covers over me and grab an extra few hours. I think, well i will get a long lie Saturday/Sunday. Then at the weekend i wake up at 7am wide awake.

Get yourself one of those alarms that emit a light that gradually gets stronger shortly before the sound goes off.