Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

With apps like Spotify its really simple to just shuffle play everything you have saved in your library, and I'd rather spend an hour or two putting together stuff I liked than having the radio on for more than 5 minutes. I do love my music so I concede if folk aren't that bothered about what they listen to then radio is ideal, but on this very thread all you have is listeners complaining about how mundane it is. 

It’s all mundane but so Is most of our daily routines so I’m not sure what else you expect. I couldn’t be arsed listening to continuous music for that entire time but each to their own.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Depends. Lauren Laverne has always been good, but Mary Anne Hobbs plays some complete shite. 

They did a Prince tribute day which MAH completely fucked a few months back.

Used to like Shaun Keaveney and was a bit pissed off when Charles was moved into his slot - but to be honest the music he plays and guests are a big improvement.

I find Steve Lamaque unlistenable tho.......

And dont get me started on their Wales obsession.

Actually, I might have talked myself round to your POV !!

When they moved Radcliffe and maconie to the weekend was the start.

I really liked Shaun keaveny in the morning, I liked his lack of enthusiasm, even went to Edinburgh during the festival to be in the live audience.

Lauren is probably the best out them all.

Mary Ann Hobbes is torture, that jazz nonsense she's obsessed with is a turn off.

Craig Charles funk and soul show on a Saturday night, great, him every afternoon not so, they've lost some of their irreverence, it's all too muso now.

Steve lamaq is just there to play Elastica as I'm sure he gets a credit every time they're played

Classic FM DJ's are the absolute best. They're all the antithesis of the Radio 1 types, who are mostly shouty and hyper, whereas on CFM we get the gentle exuberance of Titchmarsh, John Suchet and the mellifluous tones of Moira Stuart. Tremendous radio. 

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I go through phases of it. Sometimes I listen to the radio a lot. Others just my own music. Depends on my mood. 

Cannot stand many DJs. Gave up on Radio 2 years ago as their roster is all dreadful. Jeremy fucking Vine. 

I enjoy the Sara Cox show 5-7 weeknights.

Grant Stott's Vinyl Collective, 6-8 Fridays, Radio Scotland is the best radio going just now. #FridayNightIsVinylNight

Edited by Boghead ranter

Classic FM DJ's are the absolute best. They're all the antithesis of the Radio 1 types, who are mostly shouty and hyper, whereas on CFM we get the gentle exuberance of Titchmarsh, John Suchet and the mellifluous tones of Moira Stuart. Tremendous radio. 

Agreed apart from that irritating c*nt (Tim Lihoreau?) who presents the breakfast show prattling on. It’s a tough choice between him and the equally annoying Zoe Ball on Radio 2. Does she ever come up for air?? I can’t fuckin stand that constant inane jabbering. Commercial radio is a complete no and the ‘talk’ channels, 5 Live and Talksport are always wall to wall full of shite pointless drivel. Stacked with presenters who just love the sound of their own voice. I flick through the channels then just end up quickly switching off and driving to work in silence in a dark mood before the day has even started. I know I’m a miserable old bugger but it even annoys me just how much breakfast radio annoys me.

On 06/04/2022 at 12:48, coprolite said:

I'd imagine there's some flat capped whippet breeder in Sheffield infuriated that they never specified that Scarborough is in North Yorkshire. 

East Riding, shirley?

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I was saying to my brother the other day, we both listen to Absolute Radio 90s in our cars and I said they've probably only ever played 100 songs on it.

Edit - 520 weeks of indie/rock songs released and they play 100.

Absolute has gone to shit in the past 2 years tbh.

Used to be good. Now it’s all about that stupid fucking “make me a winner” shite and Bush and Ritchie.

I made the mistake of listening to Scala the other day. What a fucking pile of steaming dog shit with a cherry top that was.

Had the second movement of Sibelius 1st (#scenes) followed by some silly c**t playing Justin Timberlake Cant Stop the Feeling on the piano.

12 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Imagine being locked up in jail, and the guards play Absolute 90s all day, every day. 

Surely that would be the worst thing ever to happen to someone in a UK jail. 

Have you heard Absolute 00s? Pretty sure the Russians are pumping it out of their tanks in Ukraine.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Have you heard Absolute 00s? Pretty sure the Russians are pumping it out of their tanks in Ukraine.

No chance. 

Any music made since Lou Bega's Mambo Number 5 in 1999 is dead to me. Perfection cannot be topped. 

Fuckin stupid people stating things as "facts" when they know absolutely f**k all about it.

A daft lassie on BBC Radio Scotland who is called "Storm" pontificating in a piece about kids names.

She said  "names influence how you will be in life, for example when you meet a Storm you just know she wont be an introvert"

Horseshit, of course, but not even questioned by the spoon hosting the show...............

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Fuckin stupid people stating things as "facts" when they know absolutely f**k all about it.

A daft lassie on BBC Radio Scotland who is called "Storm" pontificating in a piece about kids names.

She said  "names influence how you will be in life, for example when you meet a Storm you just know she wont be an introvert"

Horseshit, of course, but not even questioned by the spoon hosting the show...............

Wheesht you. I'm enjoying the absence of Kaye Adams. 

Hopefully she's been emptied for good from the phone-in.