Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Like, since my daughter, like, started high school, like , this year, she's, like, started acting as if, like, it's a sponsored event, like, to have as many likes in her sentences as, like, possible. Like.
I feel your pain. Our daughter started with this ear assault at the same age. She's now 24 and still speaks this way.

13 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I feel your pain. Our daughter started with this ear assault at the same age. She's now 24 and still speaks this way.

Aye, but is there an upward inflection, hinting at a question, in the last word?

Go to New Zealand, that's how every fucker talks. 

Annoying af.

17 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Like, since my daughter, like, started high school, like , this year, she's, like, started acting as if, like, it's a sponsored event, like, to have as many likes in her sentences as, like, possible. Like.

It's as if the word 'said' has been dropped from the language.

"So she was like, 'Are you going out tonight?' and I was like, 'Yes, I'm meeting my friends,' and she was like, 'Oh, can I come?'"

21 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

"Chest of draws"

Whit?

I remember pointing this folly out to an English teacher in a previous school I worked in when she wrote it in an email. She absolutely 100% believed that she was right. Stunning.

Aye, but is there an upward inflection, hinting at a question, in the last word?
Go to New Zealand, that's how every fucker talks. 
Annoying af.
Funnily enough, there is.
Not because she's emigrated to NZ though.
No, she's lived in Glasgow for the last 5 years, where she's picked up this vile habit.

21 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

"Chest of draws"

51 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I remember pointing this folly out to an English teacher in a previous school I worked in when she wrote it in an email. She absolutely 100% believed that she was right. Stunning.

A cursory search on Gumtree Edinburgh - I particularly like the description of the first one 🤣

image.png.5f3660de0a85d3c3c356cbe21929ccc8.png

2 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Thick as f**k in that Edinburgh it would appear 🤔

And yet Barnton and Corstorphine are among the more affluent areas of Edinburgh. You'd think they'd have gone to decent schools.