Jump to content

Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

Money. It's why we'll never see the end of Bond films, whether they're any good or not.

I saw the trailer for it last night. I quite like Robert Pattinson; maybe he'll be more convincing in the role than it looked in the trailer, and maybe the film won't be as generic as it appears. But it's clearly just being made for the cash, with any creative thought a secondary consideration.

At this point, if they wanted to do something interesting with that character, they'd need to go down one of the weird routes, like Batman being a Victorian detective hunting Jack the Ripper, or a pan-dimensional space dolphin at war with God. But then, like plenty of critics mentioned when The Joker film came out, why does this need to have the Batman trappings laid over it in order for people to watch it?

I hate Batman. Such a crap character. The only ones who put any life into it were Adam West and Michael Keaton. Chris Nolan’s Batman films were absolutely awful and I was beside myself with glee when the last one flopped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I hate Batman. Such a crap character. The only ones who put any life into it were Adam West and Michael Keaton. Chris Nolan’s Batman films were absolutely awful and I was beside myself with glee when the last one flopped.

Did it aye?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

I hate Batman. Such a crap character. The only ones who put any life into it were Adam West and Michael Keaton. Chris Nolan’s Batman films were absolutely awful and I was beside myself with glee when the last one flopped.

The Joker Hello GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Did it aye?

Not so much commercially but it was great when it came out and it was clearly a disappointment and so many pretended it wasn’t. The Batgimp incels were threatening to kill those who gave it a bad review. 

All the pre release hype about “Tom Hardy’s Bane” and you couldn’t even make out what he was saying. 😆

Nolan is the most ludicrously overrated director of all time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Not so much commercially but it was great when it came out and it was clearly a disappointment and so many pretended it wasn’t. The Batgimp incels were threatening to kill those who gave it a bad review. 
All the pre release hype about “Tom Hardy’s Bane” and you couldn’t even make out what he was saying.
Nolan is the most ludicrously overrated director of all time. 



Given all three of Nolan's films have made it into the Top 250 on IMDb's list and the other ones are nowhere to be seen, I think it's safe to say you're talking shite here. I'm guessing you haven't watched Rises and are instead using the pre-realease criticism about being unable to make out what Hardy was saying? If you can't clearly hear what he was saying the in the film then I think you need you're ears tested tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 19QOS19 said:


 

 

 


Given all three of Nolan's films have made it into the Top 250 on IMDb's list and the other ones are nowhere to be seen, I think it's safe to say you're talking shite here. I'm guessing you haven't watched Rises and are instead using the pre-realease criticism about being unable to make out what Hardy was saying? If you can't clearly hear what he was saying the in the film then I think you need you're ears tested tbh.
 

 

 

I watched half of it, loathed it as much as the other two and stopped watching. The worst of the 3 though is Batman Begins IMO. It’s one of the most boring, empty and miscast films I’ve ever seen. 
TDK genuinely did have some merit due to Heath Ledger’s performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched half of it, loathed it as much as the other two and stopped watching. The worst of the 3 though is Batman Begins IMO. It’s one of the most boring, empty and miscast films I’ve ever seen. 
TDK genuinely did have some merit due to Heath Ledger’s performance.
We get it, you're edgy and cool.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Thorongil said:
I watched half of it, loathed it as much as the other two and stopped watching. The worst of the 3 though is Batman Begins IMO. It’s one of the most boring, empty and miscast films I’ve ever seen. 
TDK genuinely did have some merit due to Heath Ledger’s performance.

We get it, you're edgy and cool.

Glad you get it. Nolan’s still a hack and his Batman films are crap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aye, so the train of thought is that, if Scorsese had been making Taxi Driver in 2019, it would've ended up being a comic book villain origin story. Close Encounters of the Third Kind would've tied in to the MCU and introduced the latest Marvel alien species. Napoleon Dynamite would've needed to be a quirky take on Peter Parker's travails at high school.
Not sure I agree, but it was amusing to see the highbrow critics gritting their teeth over the popularity of mass market entertainment.
Simply put, in many cases the revenue from people who will watch a film because it has a superhero veneer added to it minus the cost of that veneer is greater than the revenue list from people who would not watch it because of it.

The reason more filmmakers don't do it is they don't have the IP rights. DC and Marvel already produce/license the optimal number of films.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad you get it. Nolan’s still a hack and his Batman films are crap.
To say you don't like them would be a fair enough comment but TDK is rated 4th on IMDBs best films it's clearly not "crap".
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saying that Dark Knight Rises was pish isn't particularly edgy. The script was utterly inane and, watching it a second time minus the hype and excitement lays bare some of the flaws. It's definitely the poorer, by far, of the three.

And @tamthebam pay no heed to misery guts grumpy gets like @The Moonster and feel absolutely free to share your achievements. There's enough negativity on this forum (so many negative threads) and in the world at large. Hefty congrats on the crossword. I got three clues in the herald one once. When I eventually complete one I'll be going full Marco Tardelli down my street.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:
35 minutes ago, Thorongil said:
Glad you get it. Nolan’s still a hack and his Batman films are crap.

To say you don't like them would be a fair enough comment but TDK is rated 4th on IMDBs best films it's clearly not "crap".

Pretty sure that can be disregarded. 
There’s no planet where it’s in the top 10 of films. Fanboys have pushed it higher and those who criticised the film were threatened with death;  so its anomalous position on such charts can be safely ignored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saying that Dark Knight Rises was pish isn't particularly edgy. The script was utterly inane and, watching it a second time minus the hype and excitement lays bare some of the flaws. It's definitely the poorer, by far, of the three.
And [mention=12982]tamthebam[/mention] pay no heed to misery guts grumpy gets like [mention=4441]The Moonster[/mention] and feel absolutely free to share your achievements. There's enough negativity on this forum (so many negative threads) and in the world at large. Hefty congrats on the crossword. I got three clues in the herald one once. When I eventually complete one I'll be going full Marco Tardelli down my street.
I actually agree DKR is pretty pish but the other two were decent movies.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, velo army said:

And @tamthebam pay no heed to misery guts grumpy gets like @The Moonster and feel absolutely free to share your achievements. There's enough negativity on this forum (so many negative threads) and in the world at large. Hefty congrats on the crossword. I got three clues in the herald one once. When I eventually complete one I'll be going full Marco Tardelli down my street.

Tam's on the good guy side, velo. Stop corrupting his perfectly fine mind.

And if I canny be negative in a things that annoy you thread the game's goosed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been on an NHS waiting list for over a year for a minor op and today they sent me a letter asking me to get back to them to confirm if I still want it and if I don’t within three weeks they’ll Chuck me off the waiting list. Really weird, my condition won’t get better and can only be resolved by surgery. Clearly some jiggery pokery to punt inattentive people from waiting lists.

In other health news I have had appalling stomach issues for a whole week, absolutely unprecedented for me. I’ve had to take some OTC medication which I normally never do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’ve been on an NHS waiting list for over a year for a minor op and today they sent me a letter asking me to get back to them to confirm if I still want it and if I don’t within three weeks they’ll Chuck me off the waiting list. Really weird, my condition won’t get better and can only be resolved by surgery. Clearly some jiggery pokery to punt inattentive people from waiting lists.

In other health news I have had appalling stomach issues for a whole week, absolutely unprecedented for me. I’ve had to take some OTC medication which I normally never do. 

Probably hoping some folk on the waiting list have croaked it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Probably hoping some folk on the waiting list have croaked it. 

Yeah I assume that too. Surely there are easier ways to check that than to send them a letter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...