Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 31/03/2022 at 12:23, RiffRaff said:

I would think that the Roads Departement have some money left over in this year's budget and want to spend it before it gets taken away from them.

Correct

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

There’s a boy in the work who loves a “so” starting sentence. As if that’s not bad enough, when you are talking to him he starts his his response half way through your sentence with a very quiet “sssssssss” sound, crescendoing to his “SO” when the sentence ends.

I call him the snake.

Does he say you can call me Al?

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I couldn't care to watch anyone outside of my own team. Even Cologne played last night ffs. Missus is also housebound as she has all week. Fucking need out of here, or at least the place to myself.

I feel that - I would love to be in isolation all by myself. With a nagging Mrs and 2 kids it’s more like a prison sentence.

Just now, throbber said:

I feel that - I would love to be in isolation all by myself. With a nagging Mrs and 2 kids it’s more like a prison sentence.

Quick somebody phone Amnesty International.

Tell them a privileged Westerner is stuck in the house with copious amounts of alcohol, access to TV and takeaways.

Wait, he's stuck with his partner and kids, drop all cases and go help him.

Sad Cry Me A River GIF by The Bachelor

1 minute ago, Tynie Nickleby said:

Tell them a privileged Westerner is stuck in the house with copious amounts of alcohol, access to TV and takeaways.

Aye, but he will be watching us v Dundee Utd this afternoon on that telly.

Have a wee bit of compassion.....

5 minutes ago, Tynie Nickleby said:

Sad Cry Me A River GIF by The Bachelor

It’s basically 2020 all over again and just a matter of time until I resort to Willie portraits. 

34 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Or the Weegie version

"So I have Covid so I do. "

That sounds more like the Irish version.

Weegie would be "So I have Covid, by the way," surely?

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

No, we don't, but.

My auntie's a Weegie. I remember going through to meet her family before the wedding. She was Jacqueline, her sisters were Maureen, Francine, Pauline and one other I've forgotten. Ended in -ine anyway. I was getting pelters from my mum for getting fits of the giggles at "So ah did, so ah would, so ah will but".

13 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

My auntie's a Weegie. I remember going through to meet her family before the wedding. She was Jacqueline, her sisters were Maureen, Francine, Pauline and one other I've forgotten. Ended in -ine anyway. I was getting pelters from my mum for getting fits of the giggles at "So ah did, so ah would, so ah will but".

Still, at least it didn't foster a strange obsession you carry through life decades later