Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Re roadworks.  I think its the same everywhere.  The LAs seem to give the green light ( ;) ) for them to start all at the same time.  It certainly seems to be the case in Inverness.  There's never just one set of temporary lights on your journey, there's always two or more.

I would think that the Roads Departement have some money left over in this year's budget and want to spend it before it gets taken away from them.

5 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

I would think that the Roads Departement have some money left over in this year's budget and want to spend it before it gets taken away from them.

There's a stretch of road near a Roads Dept depot in Saltcoats that got resurfaced every March for 6 years in a row because they were using up budget. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Just about every pavement in Inverness has the same but they were in a right state before. It actually makes it a bit smoother for pushing a wheel chair, on two of the wheels anyway. 

But at least all the houses now have gas lighting.

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

DHL are utter b*****ds. Some years ago I was expecting a delivery from them which never arrived. I got an e-mail from them saying the driver had run out of time and would I like to arrange redelivery - e-mail was timed at about half past two in the afternoon. I had work the following day but my neighbour agreed to take it in for me. Got home to find no parcel had arrived. The neighbour couldn't stay in the following day so it seemed my only option was to pick it up myself from the depot. I knew they were based somewhere in West Lothian but they refused to give me the exact address "for security reasons" 

You're probably banned from Almondvale. Not a bad thing to be really! 

3 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Another email today saying that they have my parcel and it's being shipped to the local delivery office so whoever gets 36 Callaway chrome soft golf balls please let me know 😂

Got a text at 1254 saying my parcel would be delivered between 1300-1500 and it has arrived so I take it all back Evri are the greatest 

I have done a @Shandon Par

Bought a bottle of wine last week. Went to open it last night to find it had a cork in it instead of a screwtop. I didn't have a corkscrew, so put it back. 

Went to the shop today and got a corkscrew. It was attached to a piece of card by those zip tie things. Cutting the zip ties with a knife, I managed to stab myself in the stomach with the tip of the corkscrew. Drew blood and it feels like someone has punched me in the guts. 

I should stick to beer. 

17 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^^^^ Wonderful. A professional academic Falkirk fan and a Dunfermline-supporting alumni of St. Andrews university (allegedly), neither of whom should be allowed near sharp objects or any kind of tools.
And yet we allow these maladroits to breed...........

Odds on @scottsdad having been @Shandon Par’s dissertation supervisor at Napier?

21 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^^^^ Wonderful. A professional academic Falkirk fan and a Dunfermline-supporting alumni of St. Andrews university (allegedly), neither of whom should be allowed near sharp objects or any kind of tools.
And yet we allow these maladroits to breed...........

I was doing nail gun safety training yesterday.

"Now boys and girls, carry the tool by the handle, not like this by the airline, not like this by the nose, not like this by the AIYAHBASTURD!!!!"

Blood all uber der platz as I ripped a finger on a nail. Cue much hilarity.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, throbber said:
894F34F7-EAE9-4804-8C11-B52E23D4DA7F.thumb.jpeg.678832712e0f6f3bd9469f50255f0dc5.jpeg

Take down the Ukraine flags immediately. Raise the Harry Maguire flags.

It was actually shared by a Man Utd fan with the caption “class from Spurs” just f**k off with these love ins/standing with people in solidarity shite.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

It was actually shared by a Man Utd fan with the caption “class from Spurs” just f**k off with these love ins/standing with people in solidarity shite.

"We stand with 100k+ a week footballer in the face of some folk he's never met making a noise when he kicked the ball."

No one should ever go to work and have people going BOOOOO at them.