Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, Rugster said:

Worst game of hide and seek ever. 

They left a cardboard box out on my grass in the pissing rain.

It had disintegrated by the time I was home to get it.

Absolute useless b*****ds.

There are recycling boxes and bins with lids that they could have used that would have at least kept the box dry.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

I posted this on another thread, but it contains some useful information for you, so I'll repost here

Fully expecting to see my stuff sometime in 2023 or never 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

The M8 bridge repairs with associated lane closures at the Charing X underpass are a belter - pretty sure I read something recently where they said they will go on for another four, maybe it was forty, years. They don’t know how to fix the problem apparently. I’m no civil engineer, so I could be talking out my cakehole here (as usual), but surely to Christ they can fix a bridge. No-one is asking them to cure cancer, land a man on Mars, or get St Mirren into the top 6. It’s a road and bridge that has been there since the late 1960s.

Get it fcuking fixed you useless kunts, and don’t take four fcuking years to do it. You’re supposed to know about these things.

There. That’s my take on it, ill-informed or otherwise.

If there were more gang related murder victims to be buried in the pillars the repairs would be quicker... 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

There are recycling boxes and bins with lids that they could have used that would have at least kept the box dry.

Hermes left a box out in the rain,

And I don't think I can take it,

Because it ruined my bargain jaiket,

And I can't make that order again.... 

26 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

They're told not to leave deliveries in bins in case it ends up in a bin lorry. If you haven't got another safe place to tell them about, try to be home for a delivery some time and tell him/her what bin to leave stuff in. What he should have done of course is take it back and try again the next day which is a pain as he won't get paid for second or third attempts. 

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:
4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:
It's quicker to walk anywhere in the city centre than waiting for a bus these days in Edinburgh. 

I was down that way for a couple of days last week. Have the trams stopped (or ever started) running on Princes Street?

They were temporarily finishing at Shandwick Place while the terminus stop at York Place was being demolished. Now that is complete, the trams are running along Princes Street again, now terminating at St Andrew Square, though they still have to run on to York Place to switch to the other track for the return journey.

Got a delivery from DHL the other day, email said:

"Your parcel from DHL SUPPLY CHAIN LIMITED has been delivered today at 14:20 to your safe place and can be found in the porch."

Let's play a wee game (nae prizes), who can guess the rest of this post?

They're told not to leave deliveries in bins in case it ends up in a bin lorry. If you haven't got another safe place to tell them about, try to be home for a delivery some time and tell him/her what bin to leave stuff in. What he should have done of course is take it back and try again the next day which is a pain as he won't get paid for second or third attempts. 

This is exactly what happened to my in-laws a couple of months back. They put the parcel in one of the bins but failed to put a card through the door informing them of this. The bin was lifted a couple of days later with the parcel inside.

21 minutes ago, scw1987 said:

Got a delivery from DHL the other day, email said:

"Your parcel from DHL SUPPLY CHAIN LIMITED has been delivered today at 14:20 to your safe place and can be found in the porch."

Let's play a wee game (nae prizes), who can guess the rest of this post?

They actually left it in your Aston Martin instead?

Re roadworks.  I think its the same everywhere.  The LAs seem to give the green light ( ;) ) for them to start all at the same time.  It certainly seems to be the case in Inverness.  There's never just one set of temporary lights on your journey, there's always two or more.

All the pavements around about me have had wonky trenches dug through them (for the purpose of some fibre-optic upgrade), which have been infilled with black tarmac.  Finished product looks absolutely awful.

Eta: also, the constant wankathon any time any form of aurora gets spotted. "Was literally shaking taking this picture" type pish.  It's the Northern Lights again, not aliens in the sky 

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, scw1987 said:

Got a delivery from DHL the other day

DHL are utter b*****ds. Some years ago I was expecting a delivery from them which never arrived. I got an e-mail from them saying the driver had run out of time and would I like to arrange redelivery - e-mail was timed at about half past two in the afternoon. I had work the following day but my neighbour agreed to take it in for me. Got home to find no parcel had arrived. The neighbour couldn't stay in the following day so it seemed my only option was to pick it up myself from the depot. I knew they were based somewhere in West Lothian but they refused to give me the exact address "for security reasons" until my name was down to collect it. That was when I found they were miles from anywhere and public transport would be no help (I don't drive). Taxi would have cost a fortune, so I phoned them again and agreed to a Saturday delivery. Which cost me ten quid. b*****ds.

15 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Got an email from some mob called Evri about delivering a parcel and have since discovered it's Hermes renamed 

Another email today saying that they have my parcel and it's being shipped to the local delivery office so whoever gets 36 Callaway chrome soft golf balls please let me know 😂

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

All the pavements around about me have had wonky trenches dug through them (for the purpose of some fibre-optic upgrade), which have been infilled with black tarmac.  Finished product looks absolutely awful.

Just about every pavement in Inverness has the same but they were in a right state before. It actually makes it a bit smoother for pushing a wheel chair, on two of the wheels anyway. 

Edited by welshbairn