Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This is more a thing that got on my kids nerves. The youngest opened a 4 finger KitKat and just bit into it, no snapping into fingers or 'have a break' stuff, just bit into it like any biscuit. This annoyed the tits off his brother, telling him he was eating it wrong.

This has all been down to years of advertising and persuasion by KitKat of how they should be eaten, even though it's just a biscuit. Is there any other snack foods like this? 

22 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

This is more a thing that got on my kids nerves. The youngest opened a 4 finger KitKat and just bit into it, no snapping into fingers or 'have a break' stuff, just bit into it like any biscuit. This annoyed the tits off his brother, telling him he was eating it wrong.

This has all been down to years of advertising and persuasion by KitKat of how they should be eaten, even though it's just a biscuit. Is there any other snack foods like this? 

I'm willing to bet the one eating the KitKat was doing it that way deliberately to trigger the other one.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

As a kid I had no idea 4 finger KitKats were a thing untill one day my dad was tasked with bringing my mum back a sweet for her to have with her tea and he brought home a 4 finger KitKat.  I can see his thinking , " she gets a multipack of the 2 finger version of these in the weekly shop so I know she definitely likes them , nothing can be wrong with this choice " only to have to duck as she tried to bounce it off his head shouting " this isn't a sweet it's a biscuit ya ####" 

I once saw someone eating a twix by opening the end then just chomping into both bars at the same time as if it was one whole bar . That's surely deviant behaviour .  

Edited by JamesP_81

8 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

It would appear that super unleaded is in short supply in parts of Lincolnshire. 

Are you a spy?

I love you. I have a car nearby.

Bad parenting thread for this.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm willing to bet the one eating the KitKat was doing it that way deliberately to trigger the other one.

This maybe the case as he loves to wind up his brother, although he also really doesn't care how things are 'meant' to be done and does it his own way.

Oreo cookies. Apparently you're supposed to twist them so the two halves come apart, lick off the cream filling (steady, Kenneth) then eat the two biscuit layers separately.

Americans have filthy eating habits.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

This maybe the case as he loves to wind up his brother, although he also really doesn't care how things are 'meant' to be done and does it his own way.

As a father of 3 who tries to give his kids the freedom to think for themselves and not be restrained by societal norms I'm pretty sure about 99% of the motivation would be to wind up the sibling.  

I'm at Perth train station.
Really rather drunk.
I kind of want to die. But I also don't. Had the police called on me last year. I was so ashamed. 
Yet I never changed. I deserve to die. Stupid fat c**t. Lazy, disgusting obese scum.
Get home and into your bed mate. You're none of those things. Except maybe drunk....

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Really rather drunk.

I kind of want to die. But I also don't. Had the police called on me last year. I was so ashamed. 

Yet I never changed. I deserve to die. Stupid fat c**t. Lazy, disgusting obese scum.

At least you're getting out and about. Get yourself some juice or something for the next train. 

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

How North and South Ronaldsay of the Orkneys aren't next (or even close) to each other.

Fun fact, I used to have to go to school walking across Ronaldsay, on my way from Shapinsay.

Spoiler

Ronaldsay Square in Aberdeen, I lived on Shapinsay Road.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Really rather drunk.

I won't do it. I won't die tonight. But I deserve it. I am so disgusting.

Keep yourself going DA. 

12 hours ago, GordonD said:

Oreo cookies. Apparently you're supposed to twist them so the two halves come apart, lick off the cream filling (steady, Kenneth) then eat the two biscuit layers separately.

Americans have filthy eating habits.

Plus Oreos (and the vast majority of US biscuits and “candy”) are dogshit.