Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, broon-loon said:

Choosing to slightly change the routine, resulting in losing a monthly contact lens down down the sink hole. 

When I wore contacts I lost one or two like that until I stumbled on the solution.

Put the plug in.

17 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The current ee advert that offers you "more bang for your buck". Makes about as much sense as Boris Johnson's speech yesterday.

Sounds like something a pimp would say.  Allegedly.

9 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I say this almost every time as a goodbye, genuinely never crossed my mind that someone would get annoyed by it.

Where has it come from? It used to be something you’d hear Americans say with reference to Christmas. One what? It’s like randomly wishing someone a happy birthday. 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Where has it come from? It used to be something you’d hear Americans say with reference to Christmas. One what? It’s like randomly wishing someone a happy birthday. 

Any time I say "have a good one" I just mean the rest of their day, or if it's a work colleague leaving on a Friday it'll refer more generally to the weekend. It could mean Christmas around Christmas time. I'm not sure where it's come from, I've been saying it my whole life tbh. 

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Any time I say "have a good one" I just mean the rest of their day, or if it's a work colleague leaving on a Friday it'll refer more generally to the weekend. It could mean Christmas around Christmas time. I'm not sure where it's come from, I've been saying it my whole life tbh. 

Yeah I just mean have a good day/weekend/time period until I see you again. It’s just a casual goodbye.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Just don't say it to anyone heading into the bog.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

1970s America apparently - just an alternative to the "Have a nice day" shit they come out with.