Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

^^^preferred the written stories in Readers Wives type post IMHO

"Well, would you bleedin' well believe it, I'd just stepped out of the shower when the doorbell rang, so I wrapped a towel round meself and ran downstairs to open the door and it was the plumber. I'd called him the day before 'cos my washing machine broke daahn and he said summat about bringing a hose with him......."

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

"Well, would you bleedin' well believe it, I'd just stepped out of the shower when the doorbell rang, so I wrapped a towel round meself and ran downstairs to open the door and it was the plumber. I'd called him the day before 'cos my washing machine broke daahn and he said summat about bringing a hose with him......."

Alistair Campbell used to write these letters for jazz mags before he became Tony Blair's spin doctor. 

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

People who have  silly accents in their name meaning I have to go and find the right one to type it into an email (or cut and paste it from their name).

Today ive had to email back a José and a Véronique.

Pain in the arsé.

Jock and Ronnie mate. Their in are country they can av' are names simple as that. Dont like it leave.

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

People referring to their boyfriend / girlfriend etc as "my partner" - what? Do you run a business with them ya walloper?

Maybe my age, but it right gets on my tits.......................

When I hear that phrase I always think that they are telling me they are in a gay relationship or run a lawyers firm.

14 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

quayside-or-river-bank-sign.thumb.png.f545e8512580aa7c1f05ea3dc6d38f18.png

This is the one that used to stick in my mind as a kid . Especially as one of my dad's favourite pastimes when I was wee was to take me and my brother a drive around various dry docks to show us what ships he'd been working on.  

Showing my age but this one means "Beware of Evel Knieval" 

385084888_nomotorvehicles.jpeg.93bfa6b92e004d6214c9574120d21966.jpeg

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

People who have  silly accents in their name meaning I have to go and find the right one to type it into an email (or cut and paste it from their name).

Today ive had to email back a José and a Véronique.

Pain in the arsé.

Alt Gr + a, e, i, o or u is the solution you are looking for. Yóú éédgít.

4 hours ago, philpy said:

Get to a chemist immediately.

77154.jpg

My youngest daughter, 4 at the time, clocked a no right turn sign once and asked me why there was a "No Boomerangs sign" on the road. Took until the next time I saw one and she pointed to it again for me to realise what she was on about. 

Road traffic No Right turn sign - 3mm Aluminium sign fitted with 2 strips  Channel to rear for mounting on post 300mm x 300mm : Amazon.co.uk: DIY &  Tools