Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The mile long queues outside every Greggs at lunchtime is as inexplicable as folk in food courts happily queueing for 15 minutes to get a McDonald's when every other outlet is empty. It's been shite for years, the bakery equivalent of Poundland.  The sooner Pie Bob's in Arbroath becomes a national retailer the better IMO.  

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, 101 said:
Anyone going into Greggs ahead of the local bakeries on offer all over Scotland get what's coming to them.

I blame Kilmarnock. The way the sign is situated at Brownings made it look like the shutters were down at the shop. Fucking fizzing when I walked by tbh.

Should have properly enquired.

Last time I was in Kilmarnock there were a number of I assume micro bakeries as a number of your ladies enquired if I was after a taste of their pie.

Last time I was in Kilmarnock there were a number of I assume micro bakeries as a number of your ladies enquired if I was after a taste of their pie.
I didn't want to spend any more time than I possibly had to in Kilmarnock town centre tbh.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
32 minutes ago, 101 said:

I didn't want to spend any more time than I possibly had to in Kilmarnock town centre tbh.

Entirely understandable.

Swimmers that can’t understand how the pool lane system works, I mean, I t’s not fucking difficult.

Given it is mainly Strathclyde Uni students since it’s the Uni pool, I don’t know what it says about their teaching standards that they can’t understand a sign with both text and a diagram.

people who ONLY go out with their phone app to pay for things, more so the older generation who think "ooo that's fancy i'll give it a go"

They take ages to unlock their phone, open the app up, find what they are looking for, go to pay scanning it in the wrong area of the card reader,  then find out it's not working and can't pay for it as they have no other form of payment.

Number of mates insist on only using mobile apps for payment, great when it doesn't work or it runs out of battery on a night out..........

They also seem to fail to work around for no apparent reason 30% of the time.

There are few things you can accept being "hit or miss" your form of payment isn't one of them.

Edited by red23

59 minutes ago, red23 said:

people who ONLY go out with their phone app to pay for things, more so the older generation who think "ooo that's fancy i'll give it a go"

They take ages to unlock their phone, open the app up, find what they are looking for, go to pay scanning it in the wrong area of the card reader,  then find out it's not working and can't pay for it as they have no other form of payment.

Number of mates insist on only using mobile apps for payment, great when it doesn't work or it runs out of battery on a night out..........

They also seem to fail to work around for no apparent reason 30% of the time.

There are few things you can accept being "hit or miss" your form of payment isn't one of them.

These must be the non-Apple gimps. I use Apple Pay on my phone and sometimes my watch. It is perfect. It is fast. 

You don’t have to unlock your phone or open any app. Just hold your phone at the reader, thumbprint or face and that’s it. I use iPhone SE because I prefer thumb. 

I get annoyed when I see people faffing about with any other form of payment.

Edited by Thorongil

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

These must be the non-Apple gimps. I use Apple Pay on my phone and sometimes my watch. It is perfect. It is fast. 

You don’t have to unlock your phone or open any app. Just hold your phone at the reader, thumbprint or face and that’s it. I use iPhone SE because I prefer thumb. 

I get annoyed when I see people faffing about with any other form of payment.

Whilst I agree it's very convenient, actually working for a bank you'd be amazed the amount of times Apple/Google Pay payments are declined and for that reason I'd definitely never rely on it as my sole method of payment 

6 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Whilst I agree it's very convenient, actually working for a bank you'd be amazed the amount of times Apple/Google Pay payments are declined and for that reason I'd definitely never rely on it as my sole method of payment 

Can only be user error. 

Just now, Thorongil said:

Can only be user error. 

Absolutely not, banks may decline payments for numerous reasons, such as suspicious activity, unusual activity (you're on a night out and tapping your phone every twenty minutes when you usually tap it three times a day), most banks will have a maximum amount of contact less payments in a period and loads of other reasons. Not always user error, mostly either an issue with the bank or the merchant 

13 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Absolutely not, banks may decline payments for numerous reasons, such as suspicious activity, unusual activity (you're on a night out and tapping your phone every twenty minutes when you usually tap it three times a day), most banks will have a maximum amount of contact less payments in a period and loads of other reasons. Not always user error, mostly either an issue with the bank or the merchant 

I have never had an Apple Pay transaction declined. Must have made thousands of them.