Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Nipped to Greggs in Falkirk this morning (next to CEX). Ordered 2 coffees and a steak bake. As I was leaving I noticed that the steak bake was stone cold. I went back and asked if they had any hot ones. 

Apparently all the pies, bakes and so on in their display are cold, but if I wanted to I could wait 10 minutes for a hot one to come out of the oven (by which time the coffees would be cold). 

Never had this before at Greggs - is this a new policy? Cold food? It wouldn't have bothered me if, when I ordered, they had told me that hot pies would be ready soon. 

I'm honestly flabbergasted anyone hasn't had this happen to them if they've been to Greggs more than 1 time in their entire life. 

Just now, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I'm honestly flabbergasted anyone hasn't had this happen to them if they've been to Greggs more than 1 time in their entire life. 

I used to go to the one in Linlithgow fairly regularly and their stuff was always warm. 

Just now, scottsdad said:

I used to go to the one in Linlithgow fairly regularly and their stuff was always warm. 

I've probably been to Greggs like 20 times in my whole life and half of the time it's been cold. It's shite right enough I'm just surprised that's your first time. 

Nipped to Greggs in Falkirk this morning (next to CEX). Ordered 2 coffees and a steak bake. As I was leaving I noticed that the steak bake was stone cold. I went back and asked if they had any hot ones. 
Apparently all the pies, bakes and so on in their display are cold, but if I wanted to I could wait 10 minutes for a hot one to come out of the oven (by which time the coffees would be cold). 
Never had this before at Greggs - is this a new policy? Cold food? It wouldn't have bothered me if, when I ordered, they had told me that hot pies would be ready soon. 

Spooky post. I was coming on to complain about Greggs. The only thing more infuriating about Greggs's shit food is the fact I'll continue to buy their shit food (if there isn't another option near by). I really don't know why I don't boycott the shithole and can never figure out why it's so popular.

Greggs has two temperature options - stone cold or scalding hot. It's a complete farce of an establishment. What made me even angrier today was that I thought Brownings was shut in Kilmarnock so went to Greggs instead and then had to walk by the open Brownings on my way back. Knowing full well that my food was cold.

Shower of arseholes.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

It's the rules. They are a baker's retail outlet. If the stuff is hot when you buy it it's a coincidence. The fact they turn the stuff over and sell it quickly might give the impression that most of it is sold hot.

They don't have a separate price list for hot and cold.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

What do you think happens if they cook a bunch of stuff, put it out, and it isn't all bought within ten minutes?

17 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

What do you think happens if they cook a bunch of stuff, put it out, and it isn't all bought within ten minutes?

The one in Linlithgow seemed to have some kind of heating in their display that at least kept the stuff warm.

Think yourself lucky you got a cold one, 99% of the time I go to Gregg's there is f**k all ready because the Deliveroo/Just Eat man just come in for 50 sausage rolls.

48 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I find Tapas bars in Spain a bit worrying, with food sitting on a hot plate all day. I suppose they know what they're doing.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They don't have a separate price list for hot and cold.

Not entirely true. I went in and bought one of those baguette things along with a drink thinking it was all part of the meal deal - I asked them to heat it up and they advised me if I wanted it heated it invalidates the meal deal and I need to pay full price. I've not been back to Greggs since. 

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

If they baked them so that they could be served hot they'd have to account for VAT. 

They bake them so that they can be eaten, not so they can serve hot. So no VAT. 

Whether hot or cold, Greggs is shite. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The one in Linlithgow seemed to have some kind of heating in their display that at least kept the stuff warm.

This shouldn't be the case. I'm fairly sure they don't have any kind of heating system so that they/we don't have to pay a tax on hot food.

edit: Poster above confirms it. I'm sure they do like potato wedges and rolls and sausage these days too. Stopped going when they patched the macaroni pies.

Edited by Smurph

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

If they baked them so that they could be served hot they'd have to account for VAT. 

They bake them so that they can be eaten, not so they can serve hot. So no VAT. 

Whether hot or cold, Greggs is shite. 

I thought it was something to do with tax. Makes sense 

23 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

That £150 rebate for help with energy bills for people in bands A,B and C I'm in band D do the government think everybody in band D is rolling in money. 

People in band D could sell their higher value house, move to a lower value house and would be 'rolling in money' from the difference. 

I don't think the policy is the best in the world, but the mewling - from the home owning section of the band Ds and up - who don't recognise that their home counts as household wealth is risible. 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

People in band D could sell their higher value house, move to a lower value house and would be 'rolling in money' from the difference. 

I don't think the policy is the best in the world, but the mewling - from the home owning section of the band Ds and up - who don't recognise that their home counts as household wealth is risible. 

Just as well you live in a tent and don’t have such worries. 

Anyone going into Greggs ahead of the local bakeries on offer all over Scotland get what's coming to them.
I blame Kilmarnock. The way the sign is situated at Brownings made it look like the shutters were down at the shop. Fucking fizzing when I walked by tbh.