Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

They seem to have ignored their women's team altogether, on International Women's Day. That was the issue, I believe. Fairly basic stuff for any large social media account to get right.
Is that the main account of the NZRU or simply for the All Blacks?

On 09/03/2022 at 09:36, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Ted is the office dog and assists in client liaisons and monitoring deliveries by barking very loudly"

Ted will be getting a kick in the balls if he comes near me and tries to sniff my knob.

Ted is probably the nicest member of staff in that office. 

19 hours ago, Smurph said:

One of my lecturers at uni said in an email today “we will be providing general feedback and feedforward”

Feed fucking forward.

i.e. heres the fucking answers before you hand in your assignment. 

A fucking joke. 

On 08/03/2022 at 15:35, The Moonster said:

School photos in high schools should be binned. I get why parents want nice photos in primary school but I imagine most 5th years look like they're on suicide watch in these photos - seriously uncool for a teenager. 

I'd not known it was school foto day, would have been in 4th year. 

Turned up in a Natural Born Killers t shirt, it fair riled up my Gran. 

What she'd forgot was she actually bought the t shirt for me when I'd been down to Edinburgh that summer, "pick yerself a treat, son"

Outlook has a new feature. It reads your emails and now has a bar across the top of them with suggested replies. 
Don't know why but I find that a bit unsettling. 
Hopefully only a matter of time until an intuitive auto delete appears.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Watching a series just now and the audio is slightly off from people's mouths making the sound.

Very, very fucking irritating.

That would render it completely unwatchable for me.  We have a TV that for some reason does that occasionally when watching anything on Amazon prime , usually fixed by pausing then replaying from a few minutes earlier . I don't know what was more annoying tho, the fact that happened or the fact that MrsP didn't seem to notice/care that the audio was out of sync . 

Scotrail and their Club 50 £12 flat fare offer. I'll be buggered if I can find it. They email you giving instructions to click on some non-existent icon. I Twitter them and they screenshot some non-existent page. 

It's almost like they don't want anyone to buy these tickets. 

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Scotrail and their Club 50 £12 flat fare offer. I'll be buggered if I can find it. They email you giving instructions to click on some non-existent icon. I Twitter them and they screenshot some non-existent page. 

It's almost like they don't want anyone to buy these tickets. 

I bought a ticket on Monday no problem., just signed onto the site and followed the links. Website is down at the moment though.

7 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

People (generally Americans) playing darts on TV or in films and aiming for the bull.

This is probably, at least partly, because soft tip darts is more popular there, where throwing for bull is the optimum strategy as both the outer and inner bull are worth 50 points.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This is probably, at least partly, because soft tip darts is more popular there, where throwing for bull is the optimum strategy as both the outer and inner bull are worth 50 points.

They probably call it "Dartz".

Edited by jimbaxters

Using the self serve area at supermarket, especially the bit for larger shops rather than baskets.

More and more people seem unable to scan and pack at the same time.

It simple, press the screen for brought own bag, put it down in bagging area, press screen to accept, start scanning and each item you scan place in bag.

don't be a clown that scans everything, placing in bagging area, pays, then gets bag from pocket and proceeds to waste another 3 or 4 mins bagging everything, especially if you making it harder for yourself by having a phone pressed between your ear and shoulder as you speak to your pal about crap you will be watching on TV later thus reducing your mobility and attention...pies were nearly kicked and not the deli counter produce type.

17 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Outlook has a new feature. It reads your emails and now has a bar across the top of them with suggested replies. 

Don't know why but I find that a bit unsettling. 

I just noticed that. Typed one sentence and it gave me a suggestion for the next one. Hardly ever send emails now, so I don't know how long it's been in place.

Between stuff like this and Grammarly, it won't be long before written communication is traded between bots, with only the general gist passed back and forth to/from the humans.

"Outlook, tell Peter that I'll need him to work this weekend. Make sure he knows it's not optional"
"Peter has replied. He has agreed to your request, but the tone of the text heavily implies that he thinks you're a c**t"