Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Sick fed up trying to get clothes that fit. I'm 6'2" and average build but there's next to f**k all in the high St that fits. It's all made for midgets and waifs.

^^^

homer-simpson-muumuu.jpg.453118fa27aa38391deb3e96abbe248b.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

4 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Sick fed up trying to get clothes that fit. I'm 6'2" and average build but there's next to f**k all in the high St that fits. It's all made for midgets and waifs.

Hen Broon.jpg

21 hours ago, BFTD said:

Similarly, I bought a computer power supply more than a decade ago for £80. It died about six years later, but thankfully I still had the box that stated that it came with a 7 year warranty. Sent it back and got a replacement, which was the next model up (as they no longer made the old model) and cost £120 to buy new. That died after five or six years too, so I chanced my arm and got that one replaced for free as well.

Sadly, they're out of business now, so I might have to actually buy one next time  :(

Hardly surprising if they were handing out 7 year warranties for batteries that never made it that length.

15 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I haven't been able to do high street clothes shopping since I was a child. You won't find anything above a 34" inside leg in the high street, and even those are usually either for skinny fuckers or the morbidly obese. On the odd occasion that I've found something in my size, they hadn't left a lot of room for genitals. You won't find shoes above a size 12 in the high street either, which really isn't that big these days.

In America, you get all sorts of ridiculous random sizes in places like Walmart. Noticed a pair of 60/26 jeans last time I looked, and they had trousers that were almost as tall as me, presumably in case the Harlem Globetrotters stopped by.

Edited by BFTD
Typooooo

18 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I have had to but clothes online for years as the high street thinks that people stop growing at 5 foot 10 and 12 stone. 

On a similar vein, the height of cashpoints in the high street. I get they need to be at a low level for, say, wheelchair users. But there are a few that are so low I literally cannot see the screen without crouching down. 

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

You won't find shoes above a size 12 in the high street either, which really isn't that big these days.

This is a real issue. Depending on the make, my shoe size is either a 13 or 14. But you cannot take a punt online - I've had shoes and slippers arrive that I cannot get on my feet. 

There used to be a shop called High and Mighty that my old headteacher recommended (Mr Strang at Alloa Academy was a big fucker) but their stuff was ruinously expensive. 

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

This is a real issue. Depending on the make, my shoe size is either a 13 or 14. But you cannot take a punt online - I've had shoes and slippers arrive that I cannot get on my feet. 

There used to be a shop called High and Mighty that my old headteacher recommended (Mr Strang at Alloa Academy was a big fucker) but their stuff was ruinously expensive. 

image.png.f8de18bcba369b268504aa853373994a.png

19 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Plush Slipper Big Feet Creative Men And Women Slippers House Shoes – The  Hood Allianze Group

18 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Are, I used to go to their branch in Glasgow. People don't realise what a pain in the arse it is to take day trip into the city, spend double or triple what everyone else does, and get to choose from a couple of mediocre brands.

Thank God for the internet though, as you say, you have to spend a lot of time sending things back as designers get some weird ideas about scale and proportion with clothes for larger people. I've got a pair of boots that fit width and length-wise, but are about twice as tall as necessary. It's like wearing Frankenstein's monster's cast-offs.

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

clownshoes.gif.4baeb6bdb8eb190a23d59e5027e88cf6.gif

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Seeing there are new posts in a thread called "Board Upgrade", but then finding out that, rather than there potentially being a return of the wasteland,  @johnnydun has just made c**t of it.

Correct.

My sasij digits pressing all sorts of everything.

I'm a skinny shortarse 30" inside leg, 30" waist.
Normally on the high street my options are breeks that match my inside leg but start at 36" waist or breeks that match my waste but start at a 36" inside leg.
So either Fat Bob or Hen Broon.