Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Changing a battery every 5 years or so is worse than charging your phone every night?

If you don't live in a skip or a Third World country and so have access to domestic electricity, of course it is.

We are only 2 months into 2022 and already we have:

- Russia invading Ukraine 

- The HK government making an almighty f*ck up of dealing with Omicron (making the Uk government look uber-competent in comparison)

But I will remember this year for being when phones v watches was a thing

I used to have a casio G shock that was waterproof to 400m. What's the point of that? I'd have imploded well before that. 

Still, it looked proper hard compared to the Swatches worn by my peers. 

I don't wear a watch anymore but i do carry a fiver which does the same job. 

Every time, every single time you reach to insert one, you have the fcuker the wrong way in your hand for it to smoothly insert at first time of asking.

I know that story all too well :(

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The phone carrying dimwits better not ask me the time in the post nuclear holocaust. I will refuse to divulge it.

Thank you.

876475-32086-clp-720.jpg.5ca116976c0b8b867d6eefc651180186.jpg

This is the BBC News at.... no, I'm not going to tell you phone wielding twats. I have a nice mechanic watch and it serves you right EMP fried your devices. 

58 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

USB sticks and the USB ports they go into. Every time, every single time you reach to the back of a computer to insert one, you have the fcuker the wrong way in your hand for it to smoothly insert at first time of asking. Evil basturts’.

USB ports are proof of the fifth dimension.

42 minutes ago, virginton said:

We're only one step away from the 70s dinosaurs admitting that they walk around with a pocket calculator as well.

Tucked away in a shirt pocket above stonewashed, bootcut jeans NAP. 

Why are you describing me?

48 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I love taking my phone to Timpsons and paying a fiver to have the battery changed every time it runs out

I was £24 and it is now able to be changed as many times as I like for the rest of my life. 

I was £24 and it is now able to be changed as many times as I like for the rest of my life. 
Or until you lose the wee card.

I paid 40 notes for an exemption card that I show to the wallet inspector when he comes. Or, I did have.....

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I used to have a casio G shock that was waterproof to 400m. What's the point of that? I'd have imploded well before that. 

You'd have felt a right tit if you dropped your inferior quality watch off your yacht on a 399m deep stretch of the ocean, only to have your diving team bring it back to the surface and discover that the pressure had fucked it.

Obviously you were using your noodle when you made that purchase.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

USB sticks and the USB ports they go into. Every time, every single time you reach to the back of a computer to insert one, you have the fcuker the wrong way in your hand for it to smoothly insert at first time of asking. Evil basturts’.

They're generally designed that if you can see the USB symbol, they're the right way round/up.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I love taking my phone to Timpsons and paying a fiver to have the battery changed every time it runs out

£18 or so, last I was there. 

11 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

They're generally designed that if you can see the USB symbol, they're the right way round/up.

Only problem is, I've got several different USB sticks on my desk* that don't have a USB symbol on them. Also, if you're plugging them in at the back, the ports are sideways. I know which way "up" would be in that situation, but most people wouldn't.

Now, let's go further back to the Eighties and discuss the pros and cons of RS-232 DB9/25 connectors!

Spoiler

*no, none of them contain incriminating material. That's what the cloud is for.

In reading the last few pages of this thread, definitely, what we need in Scotland is to see Willie Collum in charge of a match with an iPhone gaffer-taped to each wrist.

Edited by pozbaird