Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

^^^^ Can't afford a Rolex.

Thank you.

You know when you make a post and just know you'll get a response from a specific poster?  :lol:

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

You know when you make a post and just know you'll get a response from a specific poster?  :lol:

Nice one Gandalf.

Thank you.

no-shave-november-crazy-eyes.gif.939b73b80fdfe668caf86d117cf1eab4.gif

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

To the best of my knowledge, there are no now free to use cash machines in Stenhousemuir.....

Completely wiped out.

image.jpeg.c1e688ffab3ba91b756900f00d005134.jpeg

Im with you Slippy. I lived in Malaysia for a couple of years many moons ago and still use fork and spoon most of the time even now. Most things (apart from the likes of a steak) can easily be cut into pieces using the spoon

Trying to eat mince and tatties or pasta dishes with a fork and knife is crazy stuff
No knives means no spreads on toast and that's not a house I want to live in. Also, surely you have knives to prepare your food? Perhaps Slippy is just gnawing away at rotisserie chicken all day.

Not wearing a watch is curious behaviour. I distrust those without them. Not wearing a watch and left-handed? OFTW.

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

People, particularly professional broadcasters, who call Madison Square Garden, 'Madison Square Gardens'.

The correct term is 'Vince's House'.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Not wearing a watch is curious behaviour.

Wearing one is more curious, given that it's not 1895 any more and we have access to the time of day everywhere. 

A bizarre waste of resources. 

My wife went through a phase of buying me watches. Got a fantastic one for Christmas in ~2009. Really loved it, it was beautiful. Then, the following year she got me one that looked a bit meh. 

Kept wearing the older watch leading to "Do you not like your new watch?"

She bought me another 2 in the years since. I pretty much stopped wearing one during lockdown. Never really put it back on. 

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

No knives means no spreads on toast and that's not a house I want to live in. Also, surely you have knives to prepare your food? Perhaps Slippy is just gnawing away at rotisserie chicken all day.

Not wearing a watch is curious behaviour. I distrust those without them. Not wearing a watch and left-handed? OFTW.

I'm in the Philippines where they also have a fork and spoon culture.  That said, knives are readily available and I only have to ask to get one.  I've not adjusted to the fork and spoon stuff because a lot of it is based on eating with hands/fingers only - I dislike getting them dirty in such a way.  As for spreading stuff and knives for preparation etc I assume those places are like here - of course they are available and used commonly.

It's not that knives are not used, just that for actually eating meals the fork and spoon choice is more popular. 

Funnily enough, we were in a Pizza place for lunch today and we were given a fork and knife - I'd have thought pizza was an obvious choice for no cutlery and fingers only.