Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, superwell87 said:

Third party customers who phone in who do not have authorisation to discuss an account, then kick off when you advise you cannot speak to them to to GDPR.

I've worked in customer service on and off for years and have never had as many calls like that in one shift as I did today. Either get authorisation from the named customer or bolt. 

I had to cancel a family broadband account recently, for which the online account was under my email address. Only for the clownshoes in chief call handler to insist that the elderly account holder get on the line to confirm the email details (25 fucking characters, of my fucking address) and passwords before possibly being willing to discuss the extremely private details of, err, cancelling a broadband contract. As opposed to just 'Yes, I'd also like to get shot of you', which was conveniently not good enough to proceed. 

When some companies at least are being so moronic about it, it's no wonder that people kick off. 

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

I had to cancel a family broadband account recently, for which the online account was under my email address. Only for the clownshoes in chief call handler to insist that the elderly account holder get on the line to confirm the email details (25 fucking characters, of my fucking address) and passwords before possibly being willing to discuss the extremely private details of, err, cancelling a broadband contract. As opposed to just 'Yes, I'd also like to get shot of you', which was conveniently not good enough to proceed. 

When some companies at least are being so moronic about it, it's no wonder that people kick off. 

I understand fully where you are coming from mate. I deal with informational that is sensitive (financial) so may be looking at things from a different angle. 

So long as there's a reasonable option for the account holder to communicate in writing then that's fair enough. But when the company insists that the customer must go through the rigmarole of a phone call then they are setting up the mountain of seethe for their unfortunate employees to deal with. 

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

So long as there's a reasonable option for the account holder to communicate in writing then that's fair enough. But when the company insists that the customer must go through the rigmarole of a phone call then they are setting up the mountain of seethe for their unfortunate employees to deal with. 

For the company I work for, all that is required for authorisation for a third party to discuss an account is either verbal consent from the named customer (after passing security) or written consent sent in by email. That's then put on account notes. It's when 3rd parties think they have the right to speak without consent because it's their son/daughter/wife etc. 

11 hours ago, Leith Green said:

The weather boy on BBC Radio Scotland telling us that "we have a yellow warning, which is one lower than amber, and two lower than red"...................

Maybe he thought that he was being helpful for the blind. Which might be worse.

20 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Oh man I hate Lewis Hamilton. The fucking state of his weeks long tantrum because he didnt win a title he gets to compete again for literally a few weeks later... Done everything in his power to make it all about him.

Its genuinely Ed Sheerin/George Ezra levels of logic defying how anycunt can like this guy.

Perhaps one for the unpopular opinions thread but I don't really understand the hate Ed Sheeran or George Ezra get. Is it just their music or have they done cunty things I'm unaware of?

Perhaps one for the unpopular opinions thread but I don't really understand the hate Ed Sheeran or George Ezra get. Is it just their music or have they done cunty things I'm unaware of?
I actually think it's jealousy. A lot of people don't want to be seen listening to popular music to ruin their hip self image.

I've only seen one interview with Ed Sheeran and when asked his advice for aspiring musicians he said something along the lines of "Be a nice person, because if you are people will help you. I'd never have had this success treating people badly". So I've always assumed he was a fairly decent chap himself.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I actually think it's jealousy. A lot of people don't want to be seen listening to popular music to ruin their hip self image.

I'm no fan of either of them but as far as I can see they both take a hand in writing their own stuff and they can actually play an instrument, which is more than can be said for most pop artists. Maybe they are both c***s but I'm unaware of what makes them c***s.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I'm no fan of either of them but as far as I can see they both take a hand in writing their own stuff and they can actually play an instrument, which is more than can be said for most pop artists. Maybe they are both c***s but I'm unaware of what makes them c***s.

I don't  like that wee guitar thing Sheeran uses, far less the noise he makes with it. I hate him. I barely know who the other one is, but I probably won't like him either. You need to follow your instinct.

Ezra just has a voice that grinds on me. Sheeran has a couple of songs that are cracking IMO: Castle on the Hill and Shape of You. But other than that it's not my kind of music. I don't mind the guy for the reason below.
I've only seen one interview with Ed Sheeran and when asked his advice for aspiring musicians he said something along the lines of "Be a nice person, because if you are people will help you. I'd never have had this success treating people badly". So I've always assumed he was a fairly decent chap himself.

Same. I watched an interview as well and he was asked about how he's apparently very approachable and his response was something along the lines of "Even if I'm having a shit day I always be nice to people who want a photo etc. I meet these people all the time but these people may only get to meet me once so if I'm having a bad day and behave like a dick that's the memory they'll have of me".

He seems a good c**t IMO.

4 minutes ago, philpy said:

Ezra and sheeran are good at what they do, there's no denying that, but it's the constant overplay of their songs on the radio that kind of gives you some hatred towards them.

Unless they're paying the DJs to play them (as happened in the USA around 1960) that's hardly down to them.

Not a fan of either, BTW, but nothing against them as people.

I've only heard two songs by Ed Sheeran (I think), but both were filled with huge amounts of cringe. One was the kind of desperate faux-Irish shite the Americans love, and the other was the type of tragic embarrassing shite parents of teenage children with keyboards have to sit through with a rictus grin to avoid hurting their feelings.

Both were, I believe, massive hits, so good for him in making cash out of utter imbeciles.

31 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

It’s born out of fear that this is the start of a ginger uprising and that one day the gingers will rule the world. (Obviously during the winter months only) during the summer they will fry like fucking vampires.

Factor 50 bud

It’s born out of fear that this is the start of a ginger uprising and that one day the gingers will rule the world. (Obviously during the winter months only) during the summer they will fry like fucking vampires.

That would suit me tbh. I do have a bit of a thing for redheads [emoji7]