Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Folk, upon hearing my name, saying "That's such a Scottish name!" Aye, well we are in fucking Scotland, what do you expect?

And on the flip side, asking where I was born then asking where "Yeah, but where are your parents from?" and being incredulous that both answers are Scotland.

Diego Diego alias Cairngorm McWomble the Terrible

They should have an event at the Winter Olympics "Making a playground slide".

We'd lose of course.

I don't know if there is any correlation between Britain being crap at the Winter Olympics and Britain absolutely shitting itself everytime it snows 

3 minutes ago, philpy said:

It's 4 hours fuckin wasted. I'd planned to get out for a decent walk today if they'd been here earlier.

My wife's step mother would have her jacket on and bag ready. The minute the clock struck 4 she would be out the door and away to the shops or somewhere "to teach them a lesson about being late".  She would rather sit and freeze in a house with no working boiler, and rearrange a visit, than accept that they could be late. 

Strange woman. 

22 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My wife's step mother would have her jacket on and bag ready. The minute the clock struck 4 she would be out the door and away to the shops or somewhere "to teach them a lesson about being late".  She would rather sit and freeze in a house with no working boiler, and rearrange a visit, than accept that they could be late. 

Strange woman. 

My mum used to do odd stuff like this too, but I think I've (mostly) broken her out of the habit by pointing out that she's always the one inconvenienced, and the guilty parties could not give less of a f**k.

She still doesn't have a telephone landline, as more than fifteen years ago BT sent her a bill that she thought was £30 too expensive. She refused to pay it and had the line cut off instead. I thought I'd persuaded her to get reconnected by showing her how she could stream films to the Kindle Fire that I'd bought her, but she still couldn't bring herself to get it sorted out in case they brought up this outstanding £30 that will have been written off about a decade ago  :mellow:

12 minutes ago, BFTD said:

My mum used to do odd stuff like this too, but I think I've (mostly) broken her out of the habit by pointing out that she's always the one inconvenienced, and the guilty parties could not give less of a f**k.

She still doesn't have a telephone landline, as more than fifteen years ago BT sent her a bill that she thought was £30 too expensive. She refused to pay it and had the line cut off instead. I thought I'd persuaded her to get reconnected by showing her how she could stream films to the Kindle Fire that I'd bought her, but she still couldn't bring herself to get it sorted out in case they brought up this outstanding £30 that will have been written off about a decade ago  :mellow:

We went another way about it, and just cut her out of our lives completely and forever.

Spoiler

Not just because of this, mind. That would be a touch on the overkill side. 

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

We went another way about it, and just cut her out of our lives completely and forever.

Reveal hidden contents

Not just because of this, mind. That would be a touch on the overkill side. 

You sure she's just not talking to you, to teach you a lesson?