Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I've been with Clydesdale bank pretty much since birth, which is now part of Virgin Money.

For 15 years I've had one app to manage my two current accounts and credit card. Virgin have decided that I now need a separate app to manage my credit card. But the app isn't available for me yet, apparently because of the number of people using it they're migrating in stages. But I've had access to it revoked on my normal app.

What's more, the new app works in portrait only whereas the previous app worked in landscape. First World Problem yes, but annoying as my iPad stays in a dock for pretty much the whole day.

55 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I've been with Clydesdale bank pretty much since birth, which is now part of Virgin Money.

For 15 years I've had one app to manage my two current accounts and credit card. Virgin have decided that I now need a separate app to manage my credit card. But the app isn't available for me yet, apparently because of the number of people using it they're migrating in stages. But I've had access to it revoked on my normal app.

What's more, the new app works in portrait only whereas the previous app worked in landscape. First World Problem yes, but annoying as my iPad stays in a dock for pretty much the whole day.

I got a Virgin Money credit card a few years back for a balance transfer - they're weirdly insistent that everything should be done through their app rather than the website or by phone.

Not sure if one of the board members has had an "apps are the future!" moment, or they've just decided they don't want to deal with auld farts anymore.

Just now, BFTD said:

I got a Virgin Money credit card a few years back for a balance transfer - they're weirdly insistent that everything should be done through their app rather than the website or by phone.

Not sure if one of the board members has had an "apps are the future!" moment, or they've just decided they don't want to deal with auld farts anymore.

They already had an app though that worked fine. But now you need two!

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

They already had an app though that worked fine. But now you need two!

Ah, I see the problem. Clearly they need to produce a third app to let you log in to the other two more easily.

Folk, upon hearing my name, saying "That's such a Scottish name!" Aye, well we are in fucking Scotland, what do you expect?

And on the flip side, asking where I was born then asking where "Yeah, but where are your parents from?" and being incredulous that both answers are Scotland.

45 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Folk, upon hearing my name, saying "That's such a Scottish name!" Aye, well we are in fucking Scotland, what do you expect?

And on the flip side, asking where I was born then asking where "Yeah, but where are your parents from?" and being incredulous that both answers are Scotland.

Were you born in June 1986 Diego? That's the only way I can imagine it being Scottish.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

I went into a Virgin money branch to close my account and they said I could only do it online. Crap company.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

I'm with them too, they've closed the branch in East Kilbride, everything to be done on the app. Absolute shysters.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I take it you aren't white enough to be immediately considered native by folk who haven't engaged their brains?

I take it you aren't white enough to be immediately considered native by folk who haven't engaged their brains?
My legs are white enough to be used on the test card. However, my face and arms have developed a permatan.

It's also often down to people thinking that the only reason I'd go on holiday to places like Albania and Uzbekistan is due to having roots there.

11 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

My legs are white enough to be used on the test card. However, my face and arms have developed a permatan.

It's also often down to people thinking that the only reason I'd go on holiday to places like Albania and Uzbekistan is due to having roots there.

Huh. People are strange.

Thankfully, it's been quite a while since anyone asked me if I'm Canadian or Australian  :rolleyes: