Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You might want to think about a heat pump if the grants make it viable.

This is the thing. I want to know im doing the correct thing for longevity etc. 

Although the British Gas guy yoday assured me through his own research that renewables are pish and dint work 😂

Aye, its like weddings, everyone only seems to understand multiples of a thousand....

I hope the repiar can buy me some time tbh. Ultimately its on the way out but in this situation if it needs replaced its an emergency job and like for like is about the only option. I want to take my time and find out what system is best for me, condenser, combi, bla bla.
Aye, its like weddings, everyone only seems to understand multiples of a thousand...

Fucking hell, I'll be lucky if I can get one lass to marry me.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

This is the thing. I want to know im doing the correct thing for longevity etc. 

Although the British Gas guy yoday assured me through his own research that renewables are pish and dint work 😂

To be fair, air source heat pumps are for the most part still shot. Ground source is much better.

I would just get a new boiler tbh.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkay said:

To be fair, air source heat pumps are for the most part still shot. Ground source is much better.

I would just get a new boiler tbh.

Seems you need the Balmoral estate to have enough room for ground source. Air source just sounds like slightly more efficient electric heating

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Seems you need the Balmoral estate to have enough room for ground source. Air source just sounds like slightly more efficient electric heating

Indeed. Ground source has potential as a district heating solution rather that everyone having their own shitey air source pumps. The noise pollution of these things will also be a pain.

Looks like im looking at a new boiler.

British Gas guy going heavy on the sales pitch. Assume that they are expensive.

This is a rush job tho. Do me proud P&B..... Who should I be calling
Red Hot Condensing Boilers in West Lothian were the cheapest we found a few years back. Much cheaper than the Gas mob.

All these fucking guess the word games that every fucking c**t in the world needs to share their result on. Theres about 5 threads on the go in this section alone and its the same people posting in each thread. Mind when folk used to play games and nobody else in the world had to hear about it?

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

All these fucking guess the word games that every fucking c**t in the world needs to share their result on. Theres about 5 threads on the go in this section alone and its the same people posting in each thread. Mind when folk used to play games and nobody else in the world had to hear about it?

Why on Earth are you checking these threads?  :lol:

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Why on Earth are you checking these threads?  :lol:

I'm not but a new one pops up every week, and it's becoming impossible to ignore as my friends are sending their results in our chat every day. Just play the game and keep the result to yourself, nobody else cares how many guesses you had and I can go through a day without wondering what we as a species have become. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not but a new one pops up every week, and it's becoming impossible to ignore as my friends are sending their results in our chat every day. Just play the game and keep the result to yourself, nobody else cares how many guesses you had and I can go through a day without wondering what we as a species have become. 

I take it you aren't keen on the match prediction threads either?  :P

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Cut them out of your life.

22 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Other side of the wall, the trenches were over twice as big as these. Over 600 metres of underground pipes fitted. Does underfloor heating circuits in the basement and 9 radiators on the first floor. Customer paid well over 50 grand!

BF6C4ABE-8C47-43AB-856F-189793C903F6.jpeg