Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

False dichotomy.

I was in Brel in Ashton Lane and I’m not in the habit of checking a place’s ‘dog policy’ before I go to them. Animals shouldn’t be in places where food is either being prepared or served. A quiet old man pub in the afternoon I can probably accept the odd dog. Other than that, no.

That'll be his wife.

I've taken my kids to restaurants since they were small, some family ones and places like grill on corner. Last week my 10 year old and I had lunch at Panang in the city.

If they are taught how to behave in restaurants then there shouldn't be a problem. I've seen plenty of badly behaved adults in restaurants.

5 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

False dichotomy.

I was in Brel in Ashton Lane and I’m not in the habit of checking a place’s ‘dog policy’ before I go to them. Animals shouldn’t be in places where food is either being prepared or served. A quiet old man pub in the afternoon I can probably accept the odd dog. Other than that, no.

It is not as if the dug is working in the kitchen.  And Brel as is the case with the majority of similar places (ie cafe/bars/gastro pubs) on Ashton Lane, on Byres Road and around the West End, is dog friendly. Rule of thumb these days is to assume dogs are allowed unless stated otherwise - it's the way of hospitality these days and am all for it. 

Visited a pub serving food in Shoreditch (gastro would have been pushing the description), mutt lying on the floor gets up and pishes on the carpet. Waitress wiped up with dish towel. Opted against ordering food there.

Skanky creatures. And their dogs are too.

6 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

It is not as if the dug is working in the kitchen.  And Brel as is the case with the majority of similar places (ie cafe/bars/gastro pubs) on Ashton Lane, on Byres Road and around the West End, is dog friendly. Rule of thumb these days is to assume dogs are allowed unless stated otherwise - it's the way of hospitality these days and am all for it. 

This is chilling if true. I used to work in a restaurant, and we'd only ever let dogs in if it was a service dog. It used to make my day tbh as I love dogs and they're seriously well trained so would just sit there doing little. Letting randomers bring their (probably spectacularly untrained) dogs into restaurants is fucking mental behaviour. 

1 hour ago, Arabdownunder said:

Two pages of dogs in restaurants chat and no Korean cuisine jokes. You've changed, PnB, you've changed.

It was subtle.

10 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Are dogs in restaurants a thing (apart from assistance dogs obviously)

I don't think I have ever seen a dog in a restaurant

10 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Well not a whole live one

5 hours ago, velo army said:

This is chilling if true. I used to work in a restaurant, and we'd only ever let dogs in if it was a service dog. It used to make my day tbh as I love dogs and they're seriously well trained so would just sit there doing little. Letting randomers bring their (probably spectacularly untrained) dogs into restaurants is fucking mental behaviour. 

The lines between what constitutes a restaurant and a "pub" are quite blurred now - 10 years or so ago it was easier to make the distinction. With cafes and gastro pubs etc hospitality has completely changed. Around the West End of Glasgow I wouldn't take my dog into say Nando's (nor would he be allowed I don't believe) or Ka Pao but would take him into places like Ubiquitous Chip, Brel, The Finnieston and Paesanos. 

Think the change is noticeable in coffee shop chains where dogs are now allowed into the likes of Pret and Starbucks when a few years ago they had big "no dig except service dog" signs on their doors. 

Apparently it's at the discretion of Starbucks managers at individual branches whether your dog is allowed in and not a blanket "dogs allowed". I'm sure if one Starbucks turns dogs away, the one two doors down the street will take them. 

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Aye. Leave the wee b*****ds outside with a packet of crisps and a can of lemonade as generations of Scottish children were outside pubs... 

You were bloody lucky. I was just left outside by my dad with bugger all.

41 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

The lines between what constitutes a restaurant and a "pub" are quite blurred now - 10 years or so ago it was easier to make the distinction. With cafes and gastro pubs etc hospitality has completely changed. Around the West End of Glasgow I wouldn't take my dog into say Nando's (nor would he be allowed I don't believe) or Ka Pao but would take him into places like Ubiquitous Chip, Brel, The Finnieston and Paesanos. 

Think the change is noticeable in coffee shop chains where dogs are now allowed into the likes of Pret and Starbucks when a few years ago they had big "no dig except service dog" signs on their doors. 

This dilemma does not exist in Lochee. 

Our big bag of Aldi's museli appears to have been centrifuged. I've had fruit-free wheat flakes for the last week and have now moved on to a layer of oat powder. I reckon i'll get a bowl of sultanas next monday. 

If I'd opened it i would have shaken it first and not cut the top third off the bag to prevent later shaking, but i didn't. I could always decant it or stir it in the bag but i'm kind of intrigued how it will pan out now.