Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not to take away from the ridiculous price of petrol, but couldn't you just stop at £99, put the pump back, then go again?

Well, yes, but I couldn't be fucked going through the whole rigmarole of putting my card back in and starting again for what would probably have been less than a gallon.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

The bin bags I recently got for my kitchen bin are very flimsy and begin to tear when I’m trying to remove the bag from the bin.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

The bin bags I recently got for my kitchen bin are very flimsy and begin to tear when I’m trying to remove the bag from the bin.

If you smear some cooking oil around the inside of the bin before you put them in it will come out no problem. 

The directors of a live fitba’ match on TV who cut to a replay of something bollocks like a tame shot going well wide of the post, while the live game is carrying on, and something happens. It happened in the last Scotland game, when they cut to a lengthy slo-mo replay of, well, a tame Che Evans shot, then they cut back sharpish to the live action, as Che Adams had actually intercepted a crap throw-out from their keeper, and we very nearly missed a goal, or at least, a shot at goal.

Doesn’t happen in live St Mirren games. We stopped having shots at goal two months ago.

2 hours ago, deej said:

Getting targeted ads for a product you have been looking at, buying that product, and continuing to get the same ads. 

Worse, I'm a buyer and WFH. So look at my own email on the work computer. Regularly have to google search for suppliers and items.

When these companies and goods starting appearing on your phone on your FB even though never use Work PC for FB.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

The directors of a live fitba’ match on TV who cut to a replay of something bollocks like a tame shot going well wide of the post, while the live game is carrying on, and something happens. It happened in the last Scotland game, when they cut to a lengthy slo-mo replay of, well, a tame Che Evans shot, then they cut back sharpish to the live action, as Che Adams had actually intercepted a crap throw-out from their keeper, and we very nearly missed a goal, or at least, a shot at goal.

Doesn’t happen in live St Mirren games. We stopped having shots at goal two months ago.

Even worse when it's a shot of the manager, just standing with his hands in his pockets or a notable in the crowd.

I'm also irritated by the use of super slo mo. This would be great for watching tricks or controversial foul/ dive calls but seems to only get used for facial expressions of the most famous players. 

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I'm sure I remember a cup game featuring Everton years ago where they cut away to some meaningless shite thinking the game was virtually over, only to miss an injury-time winner.

That's a paddlin', surely.

37 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'm sure I remember a cup game featuring Everton years ago where they cut away to some meaningless shite thinking the game was virtually over, only to miss an injury-time winner.

In the early days of fitba coverage here, they would try to squeeze in an advert break whenever there was a halt in the game as they do with American sports. Throw-ins, player down, ball in the neighbour's garden etc., let's try and sell some cars. And of course, we couldn't come back to the game until the advert was over, regardless of what was happening on the pitch. It wasn't good for my blood pressure.

Edited by Shotgun

46 minutes ago, BFTD said:

2009, FA cup. It was a Merseyside derby that was goalless all the way up until the last few minutes of extra time. They cut away to an ad break and missed Everton’s 118th minute winner. 

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

2009, FA cup. It was a Merseyside derby that was goalless all the way up until the last few minutes of extra time. They cut away to an ad break and missed Everton’s 118th minute winner. 

Well remembered, sir!

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

They cut away for a break before the game had ended?  Surely not. And not as recently as 2009?  You's expect that kind of stuff in the 70's or 80s.