Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I was trying to pay for a bottle of wine at the self service till. It was quite quiet, after 9. The wifie gave me a full five minute monologue about what provisions she'd be making for her vegan guest at Christmas. Apparently there's a vegan turkey with mushroom stuffing, she wont put bacon in all the sprouts and it's a struggle to find little veggie sausages to make pigs in blankets. All before pushing the "clearly over 25" button. 

I wish she'd just said "have a good one" 

Would the vegan guest cook a real turkey & trimmings if the situation was reversed? If not, tell them to get in the sea or eat the same as everybody else.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Where has it come from? It used to be something you’d hear Americans say with reference to Christmas. One what? It’s like randomly wishing someone a happy birthday. 

First time I really remember hearing it was Tim in series 1, episode 1 of the Office. 

E.t.a, might have actually be "take care".

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

54 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I was trying to pay for a bottle of wine at the self service till. It was quite quiet, after 9. The wifie gave me a full five minute monologue about what provisions she'd be making for her vegan guest at Christmas. Apparently there's a vegan turkey with mushroom stuffing, she wont put bacon in all the sprouts and it's a struggle to find little veggie sausages to make pigs in blankets. All before pushing the "clearly over 25" button. 

I wish she'd just said "have a good one" 

Did she offer you an individual fruit trifle?

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

especially if the undertaker says it to you at a funeral... :unsure2:

Drove an elderly friend to the hospital for an operation, and as we passed the crematorium I asked him if he wanted to cut out the middleman. He didn't take it very well.

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Any time I say "have a good one" I just mean the rest of their day, or if it's a work colleague leaving on a Friday it'll refer more generally to the weekend. It could mean Christmas around Christmas time. I'm not sure where it's come from, I've been saying it my whole life tbh. 

You should expand it.

In a meeting and someone needs to nip out for a comfort break? "Have a good one."

In a shop and a sweaty guy has in his basket a cucumber, lube and a copy of the Daily Sport? "Have a good one". 

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I wish vegans would stop acting like fucking arseholes, giving their eating habits a bad name. It's decent to want to cut the amount of meat and fish from your diet, but don't fucking act like a c**t about it. 

"Is there a vegetarian option??"

Aye, you can f**k off.

7 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

What is the best thing for someone in a shop to say to a departing customer? "Have a nice day" etc. is twee and insincere, "goodbye" seems a bit cold and "Have a good one" is apparently a Christmas thing.

"Enjoy your Anusol/Immodium/Butt Plug*, Mrs McTavish!"

*delete as appropriate.

9 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

What is the best thing for someone in a shop to say to a departing customer? "Have a nice day" etc. is twee and insincere, "goodbye" seems a bit cold and "Have a good one" is apparently a Christmas thing.

Maybe worth trying "have a normal one" if the customer has been a particularly obnoxious w**k.

2 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Black Friday

Which seems to last all november now :rolleyes:

But the fucking drones lap it all up. 

Edited by Trackdaybob
spelling

10 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Black Friday

More imported bollox from the USA.

Just seen an advert for boots

Electric shaver £500 down to £200

Electric toothbrush £300 down to £90

Aye a fuckin bargain

I saw a report yesterday that said it found 9 out of 10 Black Friday deals were the same price or cheaper in the 6 months leading up to Black Friday. I say I saw a report, I saw a headline about a report and never bothered to read it, because really, who gives a f**k. 

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I saw a report yesterday that said it found 9 out of 10 Black Friday deals were the same price or cheaper in the 6 months leading up to Black Friday. I say I saw a report, I saw a headline about a report and never bothered to read it, because really, who gives a f**k. 

I worked in a furniture shop part time many years ago. The shop never used computers for anything at all. One day in January we were making up the signs for the January sales, using card, stencils and felt tip pens (the shop went out of business years ago).

A suite that has been £899 was advertised as "Now Half Price. Was £1599, now £799". Fairly certain that would be illegal now, and might have been back then. The boss justified it by saying it was on sale, and the rest was just marketing.

I worked in a furniture shop part time many years ago. The shop never used computers for anything at all. One day in January we were making up the signs for the January sales, using card, stencils and felt tip pens (the shop went out of business years ago).
A suite that has been £899 was advertised as "Now Half Price. Was £1599, now £799". Fairly certain that would be illegal now, and might have been back then. The boss justified it by saying it was on sale, and the rest was just marketing.
Some people absolutely lap that shit up. They see how much the reduction is and don't care how much the actual cost is, especially in comparison to similar items or in general.

My dad fucking did that a lot. Anything reduced was a bargain no matter what. Fucking infuriating.