Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'd be careful with this situation, as I found out myself - your neighbours might actually believe the burden is now on you to deliver it to them. I took a parcel in one day and it sat for 4 days in my house, my neighbour caught me in the close thereafter and asked if I'd received a parcel for them. I said yes, it had been sitting there for 4 days and he snapped back "why have you been holding onto it?". It was then I realised that he actually thought it was on me to take it downstairs to his flat, despite him sitting in possession of a piece of paper telling him where his parcel was. I found that weird but it got me thinking maybe more people think that way, and maybe I'm in the wrong. But I'm not, these people are c***s. 

A few years ago someone new moved in next door. My first interaction with him was after I'd had something delivered when I wasn't in. When he opened the door - I haven't seen or spoke to him at this point - he practically had the door open just enough to fit his arm through to hand it over. 

A few weeks later the opposite happens, I get something for him. It was about ten days before I managed to chap the door when he'd answer it. My neighbour is unquestionably a bit weird, but surely it's even weirder to know something's there and not do anything about it?

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Are we talking jackpot only, or any winnings? 

If you win £2.60 you could regret this post....

Fortunately I typed "will" instead of "win" so the promise is null and void, sorry.

On 11/11/2021 at 15:54, TheScarf said:

The annual 'p***k next door ordering massive parcel Christmas presents when neither him or his wife work from home' carry on has started.

Sorry mate, I'm not a convenience depot, down to the industrial estate over the other side of town to collect it after work you go.

The new 'neighbours' moved in to a house close (not even next door) to my Mother's place a few years ago and insist their address is number 1. I have no idea why they decided this, but it was never number 1. 

My Grandparents lived at number 1 since the early sixties and Mother Broon since the eighties, so despite having been told (by me at their door) that they are using the wrong number, parcels keep appearing with their name but addressed to number 1.  

Mother Broon isn't living there for now, so I often find parcels left in bins or somewhere around the house addressed to number 1 but with their name on it. 

I took yet another parcel to their place earlier this week (there's rarely anyone there of course), but no, f**k them, never again..

Do I let the parcels rot, or should I have a cheeky wee look...?

Getting woken up in bed at mid-day whilst on offshore nightshift to be informed you have an impromptu check-in for a chopper home (only to come back in a few days time) in an hour.  Then being told at 15:30 (after packing bags up, checking in and sitting around with daylight streaming through that window) that you're actually staying because flights back out were already full next week, and that you should go back to sleep for just over an hour ahead of your 12hr shift.  

...then finding out that they could have chosen the dayshift back-to-back instead, but decided to choose the nightshift personnel already three weeks into night owl mode.

Edited by Hedgecutter

18 hours ago, broon-loon said:

The new 'neighbours' moved in to a house close (not even next door) to my Mother's place a few years ago and insist their address is number 1. I have no idea why they decided this, but it was never number 1. 

My Grandparents lived at number 1 since the early sixties and Mother Broon since the eighties, so despite having been told (by me at their door) that they are using the wrong number, parcels keep appearing with their name but addressed to number 1.  

Mother Broon isn't living there for now, so I often find parcels left in bins or somewhere around the house addressed to number 1 but with their name on it. 

I took yet another parcel to their place earlier this week (there's rarely anyone there of course), but no, f**k them, never again..

Do I let the parcels rot, or should I have a cheeky wee look...?

Mark it NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS and send it back.

On 11/11/2021 at 15:54, TheScarf said:

The annual 'p***k next door ordering massive parcel Christmas presents when neither him or his wife work from home' carry on has started.

Sorry mate, I'm not a convenience depot, down to the industrial estate over the other side of town to collect it after work you go.

Grumpy Dwarf found