Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
9 hours ago, welshbairn said:
I'm very close to positive in saying that if there is another flight, even with another airline, that closer matches your planned dates, they have to fund it if they have cancelled a flight they offered and you paid for.

They did attach a .pdf of my rights but I was, and perhaps still am, too incandescent to read it. I'll peruse it after work tomorrow though. Thanks for the heads up. I think the only other options on that day involve changes though, not sure how that'd work.

Most airlines try to get you just to take the fare back if you don't want their alternative flight, so it's unlikely they'll tell you about your other rights in the pdf.

Most airlines try to get you just to take the fare back if you don't want their alternative flight, so it's unlikely they'll tell you about your other rights in the pdf.
Just had a look and the .pdf is your full legal rights according to EU law. Unfortunately they've cancelled the flight far enough in advance that all they need to do is refund the money.

7 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Just had a look and the .pdf is your full legal rights according to EU law. Unfortunately they've cancelled the flight far enough in advance that all they need to do is refund the money.

Other people interpret the law differently. If you find an alternative flight (or train) that suits you better than a refund, I'd push it.

image.thumb.png.9892955d8af207788d012a4f52420ccb.png

https://www.flightright.co.uk/your-rights/flight-cancellation

9 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Good luck with that, there is no way I would be trying to get to Thailand with all the hoops you have to jump through and then could easily end up in a hospital for 2 or more weeks from a dodgy test kit that they use over here, all at your expense.  It's a scam.

ETA - We use the NovaGen Antigen Test Kit, which is banned in the EU, as it's shite.

He's adamant he's got dosh in the Bank of Thailand he's trying to get but I think he's just bored off his rocker in the NW of England. I didn't have too much trouble getting everything filled out for him to send off his details but the stories of trying to get on the flight with the requisite approval sounds mad. Constant rejections, no indication of why and days and days of trying to contact or apply again. 

42 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
The work appear to have installed 1gsm shit tickets.

Society has never been the same since the demise of Izal crunchy bog paper.

Seriously considering going to Hobbycraft at lunchtime to buy some tracing paper to recreate that good old feeling.

People who type "hey ho" in their posts. e.g. "Ref gave us nothing all game but hey ho". No way they say that verbally and if they do I don't want to converse with them via any means.

Edited by jimbaxters
To clarify for the following post.

8 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

People who type "hey ho" in their posts. e.g. "Ref gave us nothing all game but hey ho". No way they say that verbally and if they do I don't want to converse with them via any means.

Same as folk that use 'methinks' online. No one uses that in actual conversation, methinks.

The annual 'p***k next door ordering massive parcel Christmas presents when neither him or his wife work from home' carry on has started.

Sorry mate, I'm not a convenience depot, down to the industrial estate over the other side of town to collect it after work you go.