well fan for life

Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

22 hours ago, steveffc said:

Got a new tv at weekend in time for the Euros starting, great picture etc and should be a RTBC,, but it has no numbers on the volume, so don't know if I'm listening in an odd or even number,,, annoying me far more than it should tbh,

Press the volume button. When the sliding bar appears in the telly, mark the screen with a felt pen...2, 4, 6, 8, 10. As high as you like. The numbers will then be available for future.

36 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Add Mrs Ranter to the list. Volume has to be an even number, or end in a 5.

This one in my house. 

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Press the volume button. When the sliding bar appears in the telly, mark the screen with a felt pen...2, 4, 6, 8, 10. As high as you like. The numbers will then be available for future.

image.thumb.jpeg.b0d9c38d49943f2a3207a558cf337408.jpeg

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Add Mrs Ranter to the list. Volume has to be an even number, or end in a 5.

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This one in my house. 

This applies to any device, in or out of the house. Car radio, etc.

I've noticed that my laptop volume only goes up in increments of 2. Impossible to leave it on an odd number. That's intelligent product design.

Anyone want to buy 50" plasma for £50?? Volume stuck on number 40, but at that price you can't turn it down 

32 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

f**k sake there’s no escape.

B8F65E9B-AFFA-4BA1-87F2-414C82252842.jpeg

He’s spending the platinum memberships on Scotland T-shirts and hanging baskets now? Step down from hot tubs and champagne, times must be tough.

Edited by Jambomo

On 08/06/2021 at 16:01, die hard doonhamer said:

I've noticed that my laptop volume only goes up in increments of 2. Impossible to leave it on an odd number. That's intelligent product design.

If you click on the wee speaker on the toolbar you can get full 100 point control

Co-commentators saying "Good evening" to the lead commentator the first time they speak during a game, as if they've just walked into the room and are speaking to them for the first time.

It's annoying enough, but it's just happened in the Scotland-Netherlands hockey match, where the commentators are actually married to each other, and greeted each other as if they haven't spoken for weeks.*

*I accept some married couples won't have spoken for weeks, but these two have been commentating together for multiple matches this week.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

And graffiti as well.

20210606_135939.jpg

24 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Co-commentators saying "Good evening" to the lead commentator the first time they speak during a game, as if they've just walked into the room and are speaking to them for the first time.

It's annoying enough, but it's just happened in the Scotland-Netherlands hockey match, where the commentators are actually married to each other, and greeted each other as if they haven't spoken for weeks.*

*I accept some married couples won't have spoken for weeks, but these two have been commentating together for multiple matches this week.

David Pleat was one for saying 'Good evening everyone' at the start of England games years ago whenever he was introduced by the main commentator. Always thought it was a nice touch. Your version is clearly OFTW behaviour, though.

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

David Pleat was one for saying 'Good evening everyone' at the start of England games years ago whenever he was introduced by the main commentator. Always thought it was a nice touch. Your version is clearly OFTW behaviour, though.

"Good evening everyone" is fine.

There's no need for them to say good evening on air for the person they've clearly been prepping with for the previous hour or so. Or living with for the last 10 years in this evening's case.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Ray Wilkins did it as well on Football Italia. Always liked it

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Very understated look from him for a change.

image.jpeg

Solid policy. I can tolerate numbers ending in 5 but wouldn't choose them. 
My wife (the cow) deliberately leaves it on 29 or 37.
A jury wouldn't convict you if you killed her for that.