Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

December 1st is an acceptable time to start playing them, anything before that is just wrong. The problem is as well, is that it is the same 15-20? Songs that are played in every shop.

Soul destroying at times however you learn to switch off and take no notice.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

If I started going on about my birthday months before the date I'd get a well deserved kicking. Just because Jesus is the Son of God doesn't mean he should get away with it.

If we're all "Gods Children" what the f**k makes Jesus so special

On a similar theme, the John Lewis Christmas advert being a topic of discussion. 
What is wrong with people? 

Probably more one for the unpopular opinions thread, but they adverts have done nothing for me over the years. They have never made me want to go to john lewis on the back of it. I thought that was the whole point of advertising? To make you feel like you wanted to go to their shop.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

On a similar theme, the John Lewis Christmas advert being a topic of discussion. 

What is wrong with people? 

I've just posted this in the Normal Island thread. "fans" crying over an advert. Imagine identifying yourself in public as a fan of John Lewis the shop. Imagine then further admitting that you cry at their adverts. And then imagine you think that's completely normal. 

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Probably more one for the unpopular opinions thread, but they adverts have done nothing for me over the years. They have never made me want to go to john lewis on the back of it. I thought that was the whole point of advertising? To make you feel like you wanted to go to their shop.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've just posted this in the Normal Island thread. "fans" crying over an advert. Imagine identifying yourself in public as a fan of John Lewis the shop. Imagine then further admitting that you cry at their adverts. And then imagine you think that's completely normal. 

It’s genuinely mental. 

I was asked at work if I’d seen it yet and why not, go and watch it on YouTube. Nah, I’m alright thanks. 

Then folk continue to sit and talk about it and what year was their favourite etc etc.

Its a fucking marketing tool aimed at morons.

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s genuinely mental. 

I was asked at work if I’d seen it yet and why not, go and watch it on YouTube. Nah, I’m alright thanks. 

Then folk continue to sit and talk about it and what year was their favourite etc etc.

The soundtrack, do these wimpy voiced cover versions that seem to prevail exist outside of adverts?

Are people buying it?

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

It is the domain of middle aged, middle class men wandering aimlessly in their Farah trousers  knitted jumpers and wax jackets, waiting on their pretentious wife's buying a pile of vastly overpriced shite, just so they can pile it all in the Range Rover and say it's from 'Lewis's'.

If the advert was Liz Hurley in a see through Mrs Claus outfit, I still wouldn't go. No amount of advertising would make me want to go there. Their ad's with a 'message' about the spirit of Christmas etc are purely designed to maintain that image of being a bit above and more classy. Not selling, but spreading the joy and meaning of the season. Lot of shite.

The ad's you really want are the ones which show which shops actually stock the items you're kids and family are after.

f**k John Lewis, and f**k Christmas.

Bah humbug, etc. ......

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s genuinely mental. 

Seems to work, then.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The soundtrack, do these wimpy voiced cover versions that seem to prevail exist outside of adverts?

Are people buying it?

No. These folk are commissioned to do the songs for about a third of the price it would cost the company to pay for the real thing. 

23 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Picked up a packet for crisps earlier to have with my lunch, blue Walkers assuming cheese and onion. No its fish and fucking chips flavoured crisps gtf.

Just had a packet of them, weird taste. IMO. Not a fan.