Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I went to the cinema for the first time in ages to see the new James Bond film.

The amount of folk that scrunched sweet wrappers and generally couldn't sit at peace for a couple of hours was staggering.

The wifey behind me had to explain the plot, it's James Bond FFS, to her terminally thick husband.

As for the film, 7/10.

On 03/11/2021 at 15:13, 19QOS19 said:

This. It's tasty enough but it's no longer in the "cheap and cheerful" category.

On 03/11/2021 at 14:18, Patrick Bateman said:

Must admit I don't mind a McDonald's on a rare occasion but 'value for money'?

Not a fucking chance.

You can get a small burger for 99p, or a bigger burger with fries and a drink for little more than a shop lunch meal deal. People can argue about the quality all day long, but it’s not an expensive meal. Out of all the burger chains it’s the cheapest by a fair margin.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You can get a small burger for 99p, or a bigger burger with fries and a drink for little more than a shop lunch meal deal. People can argue about the quality all day long, but it’s not an expensive meal. Out of all the burger chains it’s the cheapest by a fair margin.

It also appears almost immune from inflation. I'm not exactly a frequent customer, but the only discernable price rise I can note in the last 5 years is the 14p sugar tax on my Coke. 

Edited by Michael W

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Tim Horton sounds like he would be a smug p***k with a tucked in cardigan and a really clean car. Not going to that guy's shop. 

Couldn’t be further from the truth. He was actually a Canadian Ice Hockey player who looked like he was hard as nails, and his nose had been broken about ten times. 😀

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Tim Horton sounds like he would be a smug p***k with a tucked in cardigan and a really clean car. Not going to that guy's shop. 

Seemed like a decent sort until he killed himself by driving whilst full of vodka and a cocktail of drugs. Gbnf x

Edited by 101

16 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It also appears almost immune from inflation. I'm not exactly a frequent customer, but the only discernable price rise I can note in the last 5 years is the 14p sugar tax on my Coke. 

Sugar tax on your Coke? Is your dealer cutting it with Tate & Lyle? 

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Couldn’t be further from the truth. He was actually a Canadian Ice Hockey player who looked like he was hard as nails, and his nose had been broken about ten times. 😀

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Seemed like a decent sort until he killed himself by driving whilst full of vodka and a cocktail of drugs. Gbnf x

I refuse to let facts interfere with my reality. 

A meal deal from Boots is around £3.50 and I'm sure Morrisons is £3. That's a sandwich, a side and a drink. I find that far more filling than a medium McDonalds meal. I will normally have a Big Mac meal which is around £4.70. It honestly doesn't fill me like a meal deal will and I think a meal deal is far better value for money than a McDonalds meal. I expect some folk will say "McDonalds is a hot meal" but let's face it, it more often than not isn't.

Nah it's definitely went up in price. Maybe not along with inflation but it's certainly a lot more expensive now. A double cheeseburger used to be 99p. I think it's around £1.40 now. A happy meal was £1.99 and it's closer to £3 now.

The last time we had a McDonalds it came to over £20 for the 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids). It included an extra double cheeseburger for the adults (so I wasn't still hungry!) but they were medium meals. I could get a takeaway from a pizza shop for far less and it's far more filling.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A meal deal from Boots is around £3.50 and I'm sure Morrisons is £3. That's a sandwich, a side and a drink. I find that far more filling than a medium McDonalds meal. I will normally have a Big Mac meal which is around £4.70. It honestly doesn't fill me like a meal deal will and I think a meal deal is far better value for money than a McDonalds meal. I expect some folk will say "McDonalds is a hot meal" but let's face it, it more often than not isn't.

Nah it's definitely went up in price. Maybe not along with inflation but it's certainly a lot more expensive now. A double cheeseburger used to be 99p. I think it's around £1.40 now. A happy meal was £1.99 and it's closer to £3 now.

The last time we had a McDonalds it came to over £20 for the 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids). It included an extra double cheeseburger for the adults (so I wasn't still hungry!) but they were medium meals. I could get a takeaway from a pizza shop for far less and it's far more filling.

Appreciate I brought up shop meal deals so fair enough for the comparison, but I was only bringing them up to show how cheap a restaurant/fast food meal a McDonald’s is. If you compare the price of a McDonald’s meal to almost any other restaurant/fast food place it will be the cheapest.

Appreciate I brought up shop meal deals so fair enough for the comparison, but I was only bringing them up to show how cheap a restaurant/fast food meal a McDonald’s is. If you compare the price of a McDonald’s meal to almost any other restaurant/fast food place it will be the cheapest.

It's definitely the cheapest of the 'fast food' chains certainly.
You can't sit in with a meal deal, so no surprise it's cheaper.

That argument only holds up if they charged you less for taking away. It's the exact same price at a drive-thru as it is indoors.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's definitely the cheapest of the 'fast food' chains certainly.

That argument only holds up if they charged you less for taking away. It's the exact same price at a drive-thru as it is indoors.

It used to be cheaper for takeaway because there was no VAT. Then the Thatcher government introduced it. b*****ds.

19 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Christmas songs being played in November.

If I started going on about my birthday months before the date I'd get a well deserved kicking. Just because Jesus is the Son of God doesn't mean he should get away with it.