Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I don't take sugar. I also am a grown up.
If I did though, I would open them over the cup as that's where the sugar is supposed to go instead of shaking it like a Polaroid picture.
Spoiler

Hey ya!

Even if you did open it over the cup the sugar would still scatter if you didn't shake the sachet though.

FWIW, black coffee with 2 sugars is the perfect combination. I gave it a go a few weeks ago and can't believe In haven't been drinking it this way the whole time. Had one with milk the other day and really didn't enjoy it. The milk must bitter the coffee slightly.

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Caught Covid, f**k.

Would you believe my 6 year old grand-daughter was licking the handrails at the hotel? 

It will be spreading right through the hotel and village/town by now, prepare barricades for the mob with pitchforks.

6 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Folk criticising younger generations that they created. Phones, Xbox, social media etc.

That seems to be the way it's always been; certainly for the past century, at least. The thing that amazes me is that people will grow up complaining about their parents having a go at their generation, then go on to do exactly the same with the next. Apparently Yer Da creeps up on folk without them noticing.

Anyway, today's PTTGOYN is waking up halfway through the night in a lovely dreamy fog, taking a trip to the toilet, then collapsing back into bed for another 3-4 hours of blissful sleep...only for the alarm to go off because it's not halfway through the night at all. Possibly the worst feeling in the world, and all too common once the dark mornings kick in.

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

That seems to be the way it's always been; certainly for the past century, at least. The thing that amazes me is that people will grow up complaining about their parents having a go at their generation, then go on to do exactly the same with the next. Apparently Yer Da creeps up on folk without them noticing.

Anyway, today's PTTGOYN is waking up halfway through the night in a lovely dreamy fog, taking a trip to the toilet, then collapsing back into bed for another 3-4 hours of blissful sleep...only for the alarm to go off because it's not halfway through the night at all. Possibly the worst feeling in the world, and all too common once the dark mornings kick in.

The worst! Being a man of a certain age, I regularly make the trip to the toilet in the night as well. I take a tablet just before bed (not a blue one) and usually just take a sip of water with it. For some unexplained reason, last night I downed a glass of water before I had realised what I was doing. This morphed into three pees before the alarm went off. 

Said for years that if someone can invent a sanitary way to pee without getting out of bed, they'll be the next Steve Jobs.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

The worst! Being a man of a certain age, I regularly make the trip to the toilet in the night as well. I take a tablet just before bed (not a blue one) and usually just take a sip of water with it. For some unexplained reason, last night I downed a glass of water before I had realised what I was doing. This morphed into three pees before the alarm went off. 

Said for years that if someone can invent a sanitary way to pee without getting out of bed, they'll be the next Steve Jobs.

Star Trek transporter tech. Instead  of moving the whole body, the transporter locates the wee-wee and jobbies, wheechs it all out and zooms it into space. Notice there's no bogs on the Enterprise? That's why.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

It's called a sheath catheter.

You're welcome.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

There are texts from 400BC Greece calling the young generation a shower of wasters. It’s Sick Boy’s unifying theory of life.

Dear Mr. Scottsdad

We have recently offered xxxx employment in the role of xxxx and have been given permission to contact you for reference purposes.

Please complete the attached form and scan and return by email or send a hardcopy to the address below as soon as possible.

I have no problem doing this if a student (or in this case, student who graduated 2 years ago) contacts me and asks if it is OK. But emails out of the blue demanding I fill in forms...back of the queue.

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I have no problem doing this if a student (or in this case, student who graduated 2 years ago) contacts me and asks if it is OK. But emails out of the blue demanding I fill in forms...back of the queue.

That means you need to deal with 2 emails. Just completing the reference is half the hassle. It's  the prospective employer who is asking and most want a checkable history. 

Edited by Sergeant Wilson