Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

If that's two hours and you've not changed the station or thrown Alexa out, I'd say she's taking the pish.

Probably - there are a lot of good songs in here and then I get hit with the dross. It's like eating a lovely ham sandwich with sand sprinkled on it. 

YouTube likes nothing better than to play adverts for appalling kiddie pop between tracks on the grindcore albums I'm listening to.

It seems to happen more often when I'm in the bath and my phone's on the other side of the room, so I should probably be ranting on Facebook about the spooks listening in and taking the piss.

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

YouTube likes nothing better than to play adverts for appalling kiddie pop between tracks on the grindcore albums I'm listening to.

It seems to happen more often when I'm in the bath and my phone's on the other side of the room, so I should probably be ranting on Facebook about the spooks listening in and taking the piss.

I only ever get Grammarly adverts on youtube.

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The spooks see your shocking lack of commas.

ETA- As well as the lack of capitalisation of the proper noun there.

There shouldn't be a comma in that sentence.

The non-capitalisation of youtube is also my fight against The Man; if they want it capitalised they can add it to spellcheck. 

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The spooks see your shocking lack of commas.

ETA- As well as the lack of capitalisation of the proper noun there.

This is why, no matter how many times YouTube nags me, I'll never download Grammarly.

Imagine actually inviting a grammar nazi to live in your computer full-time and critique everything you write. I'd rather deal with people knowing I'm an ignoramus.

Some moron on the news whining about having to leave his house on the Canary Islands because apparently it is the authorities' fault that he chose to live next to an active volcano and now has to run away when it erupted. 

What is so fucking wrong with the world that so many people adopt this bizarre sense of injustice? Why is it not trained out of them by ridicule and/or a truncheon in the face by society? 

15 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

There shouldn't be a comma in that sentence.

The non-capitalisation of youtube is also my fight against The Man; if they want it capitalised they can add it to spellcheck. 

I wasn't referring to that sentence but was trying to imply it was a need for you. The truth is your grammar is fine AFAIK and the jibe was crap. I'll get my coat.