Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Baseball caps are only worn by wankers anyway, but these massive ones that kids wear that cover their ears make them look like they're about ten years old.
I wear one on hot days because I had the dignity to shave my balding head, and do not wish to have my scalp third degree'd by the big yella fella. Is this acceptable?

44 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Insurance really is a purchase where using a trusted brand is important, imo. I'd much rather pay a little more and know that when I come to claim they're actually going to pay.

Yup, same applies to travel insurance, heard horrific stories about people trapped abroad with kidney stones, heart trouble etc and zero help.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Had a veggie burger for tea tonight and it was absolutely shite. A disgusting excuse for a burger patty. It was a “soya and wheat burger” made by Wicked. Only reason I bought it was because it was in the reduced section and thought I’d give it a go. Never again. I can’t bring myself to finish it and I’m still hungry so might need to head out and buy something else.

Make sure it's meat, to redress the balance.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:
Baseball caps are only worn by wankers anyway, but these massive ones that kids wear that cover their ears make them look like they're about ten years old.

I wear one on hot days because I had the dignity to shave my balding head, and do not wish to have my scalp third degree'd by the big yella fella. Is this acceptable?

Nope. 

Non USA hats only i'm afraid, a trilby, cloth cap or knotted hanky will do fine 

Baseball caps are great. I rotate between 3

One with the logo of the cricket club I am a member of/play for

An England cricket one (that'll be really popular on here)

An Arizona Cardinals one

I do feel like I need to add a plain one to the rotation.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

And England cricket one (that'll be really popular on here)

An Arizona Cardinals one

You'd be as well just wearing a t-shirt saying "I'm a nonce"

People who queue at a mobbed bar, then decide to ask their pals what they want once they’ve started to get served, surely in the 10 minutes you’ve been waiting you could’ve decided what you wanted to drink. Inspired by some random woman tonight who had a full on conference at the bar beside me when it was 3 deep. The staff hate you, the punters hate you, God hates you and your own mother does aswell.

15 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Large initial letters on the top of spice bottles.

A nice idea until you realise that half of them begin with the letter 😄 coriander (ground and seeds), cumin (ground and seeds), chilli (mild, hot and crushed), cayenne pepper, cloves (whole and ground), caraway seeds, curry leaves, curry powder (mild and hot), Chinese five spice, Cajun spice, cardamom (pods and ground)...

Periodic table of spices needed imo

Staff that leave just as they've mastered the job following the training / mentoring that you've given them.

Perfectly understandable seeing as they're students finishing their PhDs or whatever and wanting to get a full-time position which I can't provide them with, but it's a 'painting the Forth Bridge*' type situation for me. 

*redundant phrase now that they have that longer-lasting paint these days, but you get the idea.

10 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

An England cricket one (that'll be really popular on here)

An Arizona Cardinals one

How about this -

image.jpeg.962e9a15e63f6d011506a59d3e681775.jpeg

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Its a puma one (German) and was originally bought for golf (Scottish)

Happy now?

I’ve rediscovered a love for baseball caps recently. Matched to my piratey complexion it gives me the look of someone likely to rob you then drive off in a battered pickup truck.

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I’ve rediscovered a love for baseball caps recently. Matched to my piratey complexion it gives me the look of someone likely to rob you then drive off in a battered pickup truck.

Likewise, I enjoy deploying a hoody to go with my shaved head and beard. It really helps with my antisocial side in certain situations where id prefer folk didnt try to engage with me.