Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

28 minutes ago, throbber said:

I went out to a lovely place near north Berwick with the kids to pick sunflowers and go for a walk, after we’d picked the sunflowers and before the walk i took the flowers back to the car and left them on the dashboard and by the time we got back from the walk they were wilted and droopy. I’m pretty sure they are dead.

You’ve not got a VW Beetle then?

32 minutes ago, throbber said:

I went out to a lovely place near north Berwick with the kids to pick sunflowers and go for a walk, after we’d picked the sunflowers and before the walk i took the flowers back to the car and left them on the dashboard and by the time we got back from the walk they were wilted and droopy. I’m pretty sure they are dead.

Should have stuck them in the boot m9, direct sunlight quickly gubs cut flowers. Shock treatment usually works to bring them back to life.

If you've not already chucked them, put some boiling water in the bottom of a suitable vase/jug, re-cut the bottom of the stems at an angle and stand them in the water for 20min. Take them out and put them in a vase of cold water and they should hopefully pick up if they're not too far gone already. (Wife's a florist and I've seen her do this before). 

35 minutes ago, throbber said:

What I did at the weekend by throbber junior.

We went out with Daddy and killed some lovely sunflowers.

1 minute ago, 'WellDel said:

Should have stuck them in the boot m9, direct sunlight quickly gubs cut flowers. Shock treatment usually works to bring them back to life.

If you've not already chucked them, put some boiling water in the bottom of a suitable vase/jug, re-cut the bottom of the stems at an angle and stand them in the water for 20min. Take them out and put them in a vase of cold water and they should hopefully pick up if they're not too far gone already. (Wife's a florist and I've seen her do this before). 

Well I should have known putting them in direct sunlight inside a car wasn’t the best idea - I  just thought the boot would be a tad unfair. It’s a bit late for the boiling water advice, I have put them in a vase with coke water so hopefully they get a bit of life back in them by tomorrow morning!

53 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Folk still insisting on handshakes, get them in the bin. A simple fist bump or a head nod should suffice. Reduces the spread of germs and stops all the hierarchical handshake  nonsense.

Only wallopers like them. "Ah, a good firm handshake," they wheeze, having tried to show their dominance by crushing your hand, only to discover they've vastly underestimated your strength. Donald Trump fucking loves them, which is all you need to know.

A curt nod and, "alright cunto?" is the clear greeting of choice.

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

Folk still insisting on handshakes, get them in the bin. A simple fist bump or a head nod should suffice. Reduces the spread of germs and stops all the hierarchical handshake  nonsense.

Agree with  the handshake going in the bin but the fist bump goes in with it. Two of the most ridiculous "greetings" have to be the fist bump and the elbow bump. Nobody means it, it's just a wee show and anytime I've seen it happen it's accompanied with a guilty laugh or awkward smile.

It's the tilt of the head and an 'awright?' for me.

29 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Only wallopers like them. "Ah, a good firm handshake," they wheeze, having tried to show their dominance by crushing your hand, only to discover they've vastly underestimated your strength. Donald Trump fucking loves them, which is all you need to know.

A curt nod and, "alright cunto?" is the clear greeting of choice.

^^^ wonders why all his job interviews have been such dismal failures.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^ wonders why all his job interviews have been such dismal failures.

Well chuffed that you think I get asked to job interviews TBVQHHWY.

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

I'm surprised there's any masons left.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'm surprised there's any masons left.

There's an auld boy that sometimes rocks up to the Recs who's tried to sign me up to his lodge on three different occasions.

That's how desperate they are.

Despite knowing lots of lawyers* no-one has ever asked me to join the Masons.

I guess I'm not their type.

*I know doctors and lawyers, Reeves, doctors and lawyers...

Edited by tamthebam
Missing I