Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I've never understood why if I'm sat with the wife or maybe just the 4 of us do they drop the bill off and f**k off again.

Fair enough a large group will require time to break down the bill but if it's just me and the Mrs I'd quite like to pay it as soon as you drop it off at my table.

Simply click your fingers while shouting waiter to get there attention next time. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Something happened to me about an hour ago and it happened to me about 2 weeks ago too.  Heading out to the shop as I needed a couple of things and as soon as I lock my front door a van pulls up to deliver a parcel to next door and the arse of his van is across my driveway.  Meaning I've got to sit like a fud for a minute plus in my car waiting for him while he waits for the woman next door to eventually answer the door.

Park in front of her driveway you daft c**t.  I know it's 2 minutes maximum but surely you park over the driveway you're delivering to?  There's f**k all other vehicles parked in the street so it's not as if he didn't have any choice.

Very PTYGOYN and fucking annoying.

If you’re willing to play a waiting game:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hurbo-Adjustable-Anti-Theft-Parking-1-Upgrade/dp/B07MK1ZZYJ

FIFA's latest website re-design is shite.

Loads of clicking to get to the 2022 World Cup qualification section, then you have to scroll down past lists of all the countries involved (which aren't interactive and seemingly there for no reason), then a list of all the fixtures (fulfilled or otherwise) grouped by date, down to a flat list of the current tables, which you have to flick through one at a time, and it's all in a stupidly large font for people with an eye condition, you trumpet, so you'll never get all the information you want on-screen at the same time. To top it off, they haven't updated the site with all of yesterday's results.

It wasn't great, but you used to be able to bring up a group table pretty easily, with an easy-to-read list of all the fixtures in that group underneath. This should not be rocket science considering how much money they're raking in. Absolutely seething.

Not sure how I'll sell this PTTGOYN on a football forum, but anyway: today's is discussions on sports and in particular football "journalism".

Nothing anyone says about anything makes a difference. And absolutely nothing is insightful or original thought. And the incestuous little industry is pathetic. Reading out bits of facile articles on the radio and getting one of their idiot friends on to praise them for their article that offered such a "rare insight into the dressing room". Piss off.

And football writing is the worst. Every poor sap player is quoted as "insisting" something. At least when they're not "demanding", or "admitting" something. F-ck off. They're not doing any of that pish. You're asking them a straight, often pointless, question, and they are replying to it. That's it. 

"But the manager insists that they can still achieve greatness this year". Does he, aye? Drivel drivel drivel.

Put some washing on last night, and came back to find it had crapped out halfway through the routine. Turns out the wean had brushed past the machine and moved the program selection wheel, which immediately caused it to freak out and cancel the current wash, which than had to be restarted from scratch.

Why would the manufacturers not turn the selection wheel off during a cycle, or at least program it to ignore the wheel being turned? It essentially becomes a big, easy-to-press 'cancel' button, in additional to the actual cancel button right next to it.

Performatively livid.