Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Was 'working' in a nice building (they call it a business centre, its basically a block of flats) which houses mostly insurance, solicitors/lawyers etc. I visited its conservatory cafe. 

2 x Tuna mayo rolls and a slice of cake. 

£10. Exact. 

The tuna was rancid as well. Disgusting day all round. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Was 'working' in a nice building (they call it a business centre, its basically a block of flats) which houses mostly insurance, solicitors/lawyers etc. I visited its conservatory cafe. 

2 x Tuna mayo rolls and a slice of cake. 

£10. Exact. 

The tuna was rancid as well. Disgusting day all round. 

No drink m8?

15 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Caught a glimpse of that Tipping point quiz show shite yesterday.

Question: Which member of Nirvanas guitar sold recently for 6 million?

Contestant A answer: Jimi Hendrix.

Contestant B answer: Led Zeppelin.

University Challenge last night. Two English unis. Picture round.

"Identify this UK City previously famous for shipbuilding"

Shows panoramic picture of the Clyde Waterfront with SECC and Finnieston Crane.

Nae cnut got Glasgow.

The Half Man Half Biscuit song "Knob heads on quiz shows" comes to mind 

36 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

"I'll keep fresher for longer if you keep me in a cool, dark, dry place, but not the fridge."

It's not children buying garlic bulbs so why are supermarkets treating us like them? First person should not be used for inanimate objects.

I’ve always kept garlic in the fridge. Sounds like your garlic’s given you some handy advice even if you didn’t appreciate its friendly demeanour.

On 31/08/2021 at 08:33, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Caught a glimpse of that Tipping point quiz show shite yesterday.

Question: Which member of Nirvanas guitar sold recently for 6 million?

Contestant A answer: Jimi Hendrix.

Contestant B answer: Led Zeppelin.

Watched an old version of the Chase last night and the question was “Alan Sillitoe wrote The Loneliness of the Long Distance…”

The wifie said “Lorry Driver”.

Harrowing.

59 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Managers making weird selection/tactical decisions before reverting back to the norm by half-time.

Trying to 'outsmart' their opposite number and 99 times out of 100 it backfires as the players end up confused and/or unable to play this one-off formation and style and you end up on the end of a hiding.

57 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Restaurants that, upon you asking for the bill, bring it and then don't come back for about half an hour for you to actually pay it.

If they don't come back within ten minutes, your meal is free.

It's true, a bloke told me in the pub.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Restaurants that, upon you asking for the bill, bring it and then don't come back for about half an hour for you to actually pay it.

I've never understood why if I'm sat with the wife or maybe just the 4 of us do they drop the bill off and f**k off again.

Fair enough a large group will require time to break down the bill but if it's just me and the Mrs I'd quite like to pay it as soon as you drop it off at my table.

Something happened to me about an hour ago and it happened to me about 2 weeks ago too.  Heading out to the shop as I needed a couple of things and as soon as I lock my front door a van pulls up to deliver a parcel to next door and the arse of his van is across my driveway.  Meaning I've got to sit like a fud for a minute plus in my car waiting for him while he waits for the woman next door to eventually answer the door.

Park in front of her driveway you daft cunt.  I know it's 2 minutes maximum but surely you park over the driveway you're delivering to?  There's fuck all other vehicles parked in the street so it's not as if he didn't have any choice.

Very PTYGOYN and fucking annoying.

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Something happened to me about an hour ago and it happened to me about 2 weeks ago too.  Heading out to the shop as I needed a couple of things and as soon as I lock my front door a van pulls up to deliver a parcel to next door and the arse of his van is across my driveway.  Meaning I've got to sit like a fud for a minute plus in my car waiting for him while he waits for the woman next door to eventually answer the door.

Park in front of her driveway you daft c**t.  I know it's 2 minutes maximum but surely you park over the driveway you're delivering to?  There's f**k all other vehicles parked in the street so it's not as if he didn't have any choice.

Very PTYGOYN and fucking annoying.

Had a job years back in Edinburgh where folk would double park. A couple of times this slob had blocked me in. He knew I knew it was his car so would expect me to chap his door and ask him to move. I’d just open his car, release the handbrake and shove it down the street. 

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Watched an old version of the Chase last night and the question was “Alan Sillitoe wrote The Loneliness of the Long Distance…”

The wifie said “Lorry Driver”.

Harrowing.

4 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I wouldn't have got that

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The other options were relationship and runner.

So 2 of them were interchangeable...

4 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I've never understood why if I'm sat with the wife or maybe just the 4 of us do they drop the bill off and f**k off again.

Fair enough a large group will require time to break down the bill but if it's just me and the Mrs I'd quite like to pay it as soon as you drop it off at my table.

Card in hand ready to pay when they bring the bill usually solves that.