Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My son's hoping to go to uni in Dundee, and I'll be visiting often. Sounds like some place. Looking forward to having him translate parts of P&B for me.

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I have 2 bins. One small normal bin and one bigger recycling bin. The normal bin fills up quickly so I end up just chucking whatever in whatever.

You're lucky. The flats my mum stays in have a communal bin area; some of her neighbours do that, and aren't too fussed about whose bins they chuck stuff into either. If the bin men open the recycling bins and find non-recyclables inside, they don't empty them, and the council have stopped collections to the flats before as punishment, as it happens all the time.

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Phew! 

See, if you're ever kidnapped by the militant wing of the Free Lochee Front* then you'll be able to prove your Dundonian credentials. No need to thank me.

*Not the Popular Front of Lochee. They're splitters.

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

One of the missus pals coming round this afternoon and of course she’s swanning about in her Matalan pyjamas.

”oh, she’s on her way now, I’ll just go and have a shower and get ready”.

Every fucking time.

If the missus pal is a wid suggest they have a shower at the same time while you watch....

Edinburgh bins; collected Fridays at our bit.

Food caddy: every week

Grey bin (landfill): every fortnight

Green bin (recycling): every other fortnight

Brown bin (paid permit): garden waste. Every fortnight April-October. Every month in the winter

Blue box: Glass. Every fortnight. Handy for seeing which neighbours are alkies.

PTTGOMY: the gales whip down the street in spring, autumn and winter. I've lost two food caddies this way as the lazy twats of neighbours can't see the house number on them and return them. The wheelie bins also tend to wander too.

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

So that's where all that shite on my local beach came from! 

Joking apart, I take perverse delight in telling my Japanese students how all their perfectly separated rubbish eventually gets mixed together as they don't have the resources to segregate once it reaches the refuse depots. 

Didn’t realise DJ Laing had contracts that far east.

"Help YouTube by doing a quick survey". No, YouTube can GTF considering there's an advert before and after every video now/numerous ones between longer videos. Give me 30 minutes peace in return for a survey and I'll gladly do it though. p***ks.

PTTGOYN - A team of Nigerians, English, Swedes, Croatians, Irish, Finnish and Colombians beating a team of Japanese, English, French etc in Glasgow is cause for street parties in Stirling because wearrapeepul apparently.