Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

That would drive me mental. Anything that has a volume that I listen to has to, simply has to be on an even number. My wife loves me so much she now does the same. That, or she's as stupid as me.

Just think how distressing being in League One for three seasons must be for him.

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

Good to see @Div hasn't spent the money he managed to accrue trouncing me at the betting this year on tasteless tat.

Those flowers were expensive.

I cringe with anger and embarrassment at people who don’t use Apple Pay (or it’s inferior equivalents) when buying things in shops and petrol stations. 

watching them fumble about and put their cards in the wee machine and type in their pins is just hard to watch. 

make your purchase and move! 

only exception is old or otherwise vulnerable people.

25 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I cringe with anger and embarrassment at people who don’t use Apple Pay (or it’s inferior equivalents) when buying things in shops and petrol stations. 

watching them fumble about and put their cards in the wee machine and type in their pins is just hard to watch. 

I’m quite happy with contactless. No need to go out with a smart phone or keep it charged. 

56 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

I’m quite happy with contactless. No need to go out with a smart phone or keep it charged. 

Why would you go out without a smartphone? 
Contactless is unsecure and  is very limited. What is it, £45 now? 
Apple Pay is much more secure and there is no spend limit.

Not everyone will have a compatible phone. I used to have it but it's not compatible with my current phone, annoyingly.

37 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

That’s a bold statement that I’m sure you can backup.  The banking industry in this country are of course renowned for rolling out insecure technology.

I use contactless.  Very few times I’m actually spending more than £45 except online.  Only once I can think of in the last few weeks.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

That’s a bold statement that I’m sure you can backup.  The banking industry in this country are of course renowned for rolling out insecure technology.

I use contactless.  Very few times I’m actually spending more than £45 except online.  Only once I can think of in the last few weeks.

I am literally on a contactless/ wallet pay training course this afternoon. Contactless is safe.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
46 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Source for contactless being unsecure?

If someone picks up your card they can very use it. That’s not the case with your phone or watch. 

8 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

If someone picks up your card they can very use it. That’s not the case with your phone or watch. 

That makes apple pay more secure.  It doesn’t mean contactless is insecure.  If your card is lost or stolen then used fraudulently the bank will refund the money.  The risk is on their side, not the consumers.

19 minutes ago, Left Back said:

That makes apple pay more secure.  It doesn’t mean contactless is insecure.  If your card is lost or stolen then used fraudulently the bank will refund the money.  The risk is on their side, not the consumers.

That’s fair.

3 hours ago, Thorongil said:

^^^^ iBore