Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

34 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

How the feck do you get 'Div' from David.? & Must be a styoopit West coast thing.

People call him a Div even if they don't know his name.

"The Eastern seaboard of the US". What's wrong with having a coast or a coastline like everybody else?
It only really seems to get discussed in the context of some disaster befalling it too.

Most commonly heard as "..........would wipe out the entire Eastern Seaboard"

Went for an ice cream after work and got really bad 'brain freeze' after a couple scoops so turfed the rest of it. The sore head never left, I've since had a nap and the sore head has got worse. It's now near 9pm and I'm having to make my tea as I fucking starving. 

Been asking mates for weeks to decide where they want to watch the Scotland Euros games so we can book a pub in that location. Finally gave up this week and was going to book for me and a mate who live in Edinburgh but for the England game it looks like every pub is booked out both inside and out. Raging I let my mates take so long and have fucked it.

Anyone know anywhere decent in Edinburgh or Glasgow that might still have space?

That the average house price up by 11% over the past year.

We can't be too far off a situation where there will be a majority of people in a generation who can't afford a house and more will simply end up empty. 

We can't be too far off a situation where there will be a majority of people in a generation who can't afford a house and more will simply end up empty. 
Aye, its completely bonkers, almost at the stage where the only way you'll own a house is when your parents die and you inherit it, which is most likely fueling the problem even more.

9 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Been asking mates for weeks to decide where they want to watch the Scotland Euros games so we can book a pub in that location. Finally gave up this week and was going to book for me and a mate who live in Edinburgh but for the England game it looks like every pub is booked out both inside and out. Raging I let my mates take so long and have fucked it.

Anyone know anywhere decent in Edinburgh or Glasgow that might still have space?

I think The Globe on Niddry St in Edinburgh still has spaces. It’s good for watching games, though not amazing as a pub.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

They'll just all get rented out for even more, surely. Not like people have a choice, other than homelessness.

Maybe we'll live to see working people living in shanty towns on disused land. Bound to be more cutbacks to housing benefit coming soon too. What a time to be alive.

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Aye, its completely bonkers, almost at the stage where the only way you'll own a house is when your parents die and you inherit it, which is most likely fueling the problem even more.

That's if they don't have to sell the house to pay for the Care Home fees.

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

The wife doesn't seem to get why I was so desperate not to sell the house when we split up. The above is the exact reason.

Seeing how society is moving, probably the single most important thing we can do for our kids is give them somewhere to sleep without having to fork over stupid amounts of their monthly wage to the idle rich.

Property prices in Edinburgh are straight up terrifying.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

My father in law passed away last year and we put his house on the market,it went live at 8pm on a sunday and by 9am on the monday we had 9 viewings booked.We sold in for £25k more than we thought we would get within 24 hours

Edited by keithgy