Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, Pato said:

Other way round no? Yank notes are a pain in the arse to fit into our wallets because they're longer.

Our notes are taller than theirs, and poke out of the top of a Yank wallet by quite a bit. At least you can fold their notes in half and it's workable in our wallets; folding lengthwise is more of a PITA, and I'd imagine it's even worse now ours are made of plastic/animals fats/Soylent Green.

4 minutes ago, Pato said:

Predator 2 is a fine movie.

Unpopular opinions thread for this pish but Alien3 is the superior film to Aliens.

Stunning jab to the nose and, while we're reeling, a thunderbolt right hand that puts us down for the count.

We may not fully comprehend this post within our lifetimes.

Clocks going forward. 

I wouldn't normally care but I'm up at 8 and only just found out this was happening, I feel absolutley robbed. 

On a positive note i enjoy Peter Hitchens getting annoyed at the clocks changing, he has some bizarrely strong opinions on BST and writes a column about it almost every time the clocks change (I don't read him regularly) I pointed this out when the clocks last changed and got a lovely snarky put down. 

1 hour ago, Pato said:

Predator 2 is a fine movie.

Unpopular opinions thread for this pish but Alien3 is the superior film to Aliens.

Both statements are patently ludicrous.

Alien 3 is 5 or 6 out of 10 at best. Aliens is easily an 8, pushing a 9 

Predator 2 is nonsense. The Predator runs away from an aging Danny Glover!

The clocks going forward is great and we should be on European time (one/two hours forward) instead. It's not the 15th century so we don't have to care what bumpkin farmers want anymore - lighter evenings for exercise/beer gardens depending on the time of year is a social good worth having. 

9 hours ago, virginton said:

The clocks going forward is great and we should be on European time (one/two hours forward) instead. It's not the 15th century so we don't have to care what bumpkin farmers want anymore - lighter evenings for exercise/beer gardens depending on the time of year is a social good worth having. 

Head torches for construction workers between November-February as well?

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I feel like we have done VT versus throbber on the clocks changing before. More than happy to see it again though.

It was another poster who started asking why the sites didn’t just start work at 9 am instead,  which whilst completely shitting all over the entire industry would also mean the roads would be completely congested at 9 and at 5. Having the sites opening and closing earlier eases this which is obviously something that people like VT wouldn’t consider.

It was another poster who started asking why the sites didn’t just start work at 9 am instead,  which whilst completely shitting all over the entire industry would also mean the roads would be completely congested at 9 and at 5. Having the sites opening and closing earlier eases this which is obviously something that people like VT wouldn’t consider.
I wont lie m8, I have no skin in this game and am just here for a pointless squabble

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Why don't you start later then finish later, everyone's a winner then.

Well it’s going to disrupt the lives of the workers there by making them start/work earlier for a few months of the year for a start. You would also need it to be 9 you would start if the clocks remained as they are at winter time as it would be the beginning of the daylight during the darkest months so you would be doing the same hours as the rest of the work force and the roads would be an absolute rammy at rush hour, far worse than they were before lockdown. Your remaining hour of daylight at end of day would be spent in a car on way home unless you walked to work or work from home.

11 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Clocks going forward. 

I wouldn't normally care but I'm up at 8 and only just found out this was happening, I feel absolutley robbed. 

Shit, is that today? Usually I do mine the night before but completely forgot this year.

44 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
55 minutes ago, throbber said:
Head torches for construction workers between November-February as well?

Give construction workers farmers daylight savings.

You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Shit, is that today? Usually I do mine the night before but completely forgot this year.

Same here. Woke up, looked at my phone - 7.00 am. Too soon to get up, went to the toilet, back to bed, switched on the laptop - 8.15 am

Penny dropped.