Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 hours ago, RH33 said:

Ada Linwood

Wid.

7 hours ago, Gaz said:

There is a bloke who works in the ASDA in Larbert who has been nominated for and won numerous awards for customer service for being so friendly and chatty.

I will literally use any other till to avoid him as I find this kind of customer service completely overbearing.

ETA: Larbert. No idea why I wrote Grangemouth!

You awright there pal? Nice to see you pal. Need bags the day pal? Having a busy day pal? Bye pal! 

Edited by Boghead ranter

1 minute ago, RH33 said:

I tend to do click and collect or of doing my shopping in store use the scanner as I go. In and out as quick as possible too, none this standing around chatting, even pre Covid.

Aye, the wee hand scanners are even better. Pack your shopping as you go round the store. Magic.

Did I imagine it, or do Asda have an app that lets you use your phone as a scanner?

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Aye, the wee hand scanners are even better. Pack your shopping as you go round the store. Magic.

Did I imagine it, or do Asda have an app that lets you use your phone as a scanner?

I think they do as do Sainsbury’s.

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

They are an acquired taste tbf.

Which most of us acquire at the age of about 6 months

My nine year old granddaughter does not eat chips other than the skinny McDonald’s ones which she only has very rarely.

I put it down to being influenced by her mother’s sensible diet rather than my son’s less than sensible one.

Self service tills aren't the reason folk are losing jobs. Corporate greed is the reason.
Also, refusing to use self service tills won't reverse anything or make any blind bit of difference.
This.
I worked at safeway when morrisons took over. The first thing they did was reduce staff by 20%
Then call for 12pm 5pm and close sales for first 3 months per store. If it wasn't going up the store was ready for staff reductions.
Absolutely mental at times, one I worked at was understaffed, near asda and tesco (both cheaper) and had opening hours that didn't help.

But one of the major issues I thought was the massive backwards step in tech. Safeway tech was shite but at least I could scan an item code and do a count of the shelf and compare to what they thought we had. Morrisons was all paper order and paper based.
Went from office based to office restricted
Fucking woeful place to work.
Remember the day I got my office job confirmation and the call came in, area manager for a section that was basically 16ft of store saw my answer my phone and went looking for a manger or hr to dob me in.
Manager on duty came to speak to me and by time he got up to my office room I had written my two weeks. M

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
39 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:
Surprising lack of folk from Greenock and other west coasters in the Inverclyde area on this thread complaining about having no water at the moment.

Folk from Greenock have no use for water.

E1EAA952-7563-44EC-92DB-489035306623.gif

Edited by 8MileBU

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Yeah I discovered that a minute ago. Weird it's still discoloured several hours later.

Just look at the picture in the link. All the dirty slush will have gotten in to the supply, so it will take a wee while to flush it out.

The water supply is crisp, pristine and plentiful as ever here in my neck of the woods but the town has been going mental with wallopers running their cars to the supermarkets and starting a rammy over the last bottles of water from the supermarket.

Between this and the plague of snakes last week it has been an all-action month so far. 

Edited by vikingTON

47 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

My nine year old granddaughter does not eat chips other than the skinny McDonald’s ones which she only has very rarely.

I put it down to being influenced by her mother’s sensible diet rather than my son’s less than sensible one.

So you're saying she doesn't like potatoes?