Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

I've not long fell down the stairs, it was bloody sore.  I've hurt my shin and ankle.

I also fell on the ice yesterday hurting my right knee  and my shoulder already hurts from shovelling snow.

I also have a sore throat.   I don't think I will make it through the night.

Might as well have a bevvy to numb the pain.

Has Div put out the request for new mod nominations yet ??

Thoughts, prayers, etc.

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

He probably should, I've hurt my back and ribs also.  Probably have a torn liver or ruptured spleen.

Got a lot of sympathy from family as they stood laughing at me.  b*****ds.

All kidding aside, you've done some serious damage for what would be relatively innocuous mishaps.  

Get Well Soon

P & B xx

At what point is it ok to take a dump on the bonnet of a car?

Only asking as I had cleared a couple of parking spaces outside our house on Tuesday for my partner and I (I was helping out on the Covid vaccination drive next morning so wanted to make sure I made it in).

Tonight the woman 3 doors down who has a bad back, was trying to dig out her car to go see her disabled brother as she is one of his carers.

After helping dig her out, her car would not start.  So I dug out a second space to get my car in and get jump leads on it.

While doing this, a woman who lives in a house in cul-de-sac opposite (not sure which) took the opportunity to park her car in the space outside my house I had vacated to help my neighbour and I ran off before I had the chance to shout on her (I had actually thought it was somebody doing a home delivery as the guy opposite normally gets one in a Friday night as did not think somebody would be so cheeky).

I know it is a residential street but it was blatantly obvious I had gone to the trouble to dig out the spaces at the front of our house where we always park our cars.  The fact she drove along the street and instead of going into her cul-de-sac she chose to park in the space I had cleared shows she is clearly at it.

Fortunately for me I was able to leave my car in the space I had dug out to give her a jump start but it still hacks me off.

Edited by Sugar_Army

Aldi and Lidl's insistence on only ever having one checkout open.

They've upgraded to the point they have self scan checkouts but it's a crime to open them.

And naturally you end up at the back of the queue as every customer in the whole shop finishes their shop at the same time.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aldi and Lidl's insistence on only ever having one checkout open.

They've upgraded to the point they have self scan checkouts but it's a crime to open them.

And naturally you end up at the back of the queue as every customer in the whole shop finishes their shop at the same time.

I was in the Stirling Lidl the other week, every single self service checkout was flashing red while 2 employees stood gassing and filling shelves not 20 feet away. Woman at the checkout next to me started waving her arms and saying "excuse me" to get their attention, so they turned their backs. That was the cue for me to walk out leaving my messages on the scanner. f**k them. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:
That’s kind of how queues are meant to work, isn’t it? 

Na you are supposed to end up at the front.

Yeah, you’re right. You start off at the back of the queue, but you should end up at the front of the queue. Anybody ending up at the back of the queue is doing it wrong.

13 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Tesco bank.

Used to come off on the 1st and I called them on the 3rd to pay it off.  

Get it cancelled. It takes 3 working days to process an existing direct debit payment. No way the loan company have sent payments to be processed on the 1st of the month yet.

Even if they have, still cancel it, and they will got a BACS report showing the payment hasn’t gone through as you cancelled the direct debit, which won’t be an issue as you have paid off the remaining balance.

3 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Only asking as I had cleared a couple of parking spaces outside our house on Tuesday for my partner and I (I was helping out on the Covid vaccination drive next morning so wanted to make sure I made it in).

Tonight the woman 3 doors down who has a bad back, was trying to dig out her car to go see her disabled brother as she is one of his carers.

After helping dig her out, her car would not start.  So I dug out a second space to get my car in and get jump leads on it.

While doing this, a woman who lives in a house in cul-de-sac opposite (not sure which) took the opportunity to park her car in the space outside my house I had vacated to help my neighbour and I ran off before I had the chance to shout on her (I had actually thought it was somebody doing a home delivery as the guy opposite normally gets one in a Friday night as did not think somebody would be so cheeky).

I know it is a residential street but it was blatantly obvious I had gone to the trouble to dig out the spaces at the front of our house where we always park our cars.  The fact she drove along the street and instead of going into her cul-de-sac she chose to park in the space I had cleared shows she is clearly at it.

Fortunately for me I was able to leave my car in the space I had dug out to give her a jump start but it still hacks me off.

"Oh gosh, the snow must have hidden that 6 inch screw that has embedded itself in your tyre..."

I've had gastroenteritis the last couple of days with bad stomach cramps.

Strange thing is instead of eating a balanced and healthy diet I feel like stuffing my face with chips, burgers, pizzas etc once I've got rid of the bug

24 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I've had gastroenteritis the last couple of days with bad stomach cramps.

Strange thing is instead of eating a balanced and healthy diet I feel like stuffing my face with chips, burgers, pizzas etc once I've got rid of the bug

I had that once. 4 days. Brutal. Eating was the last thing on my mind though 🤣🤣

May as well take the opportunity to eat unhealthy shite though - it'll be back our your arse at 100mph in an hour or so anyway.

9 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

That was the cue for me to walk out leaving my messages on the scanner. f**k them. 

Fair play for this, I've always wanted to do it when I get pissed off but I'm always needing something that badly I have to wait it out. 

I was in the Stirling Lidl the other week, every single self service checkout was flashing red while 2 employees stood gassing and filling shelves not 20 feet away. Woman at the checkout next to me started waving her arms and saying "excuse me" to get their attention, so they turned their backs. That was the cue for me to walk out leaving my messages on the scanner. f**k them. 
I dislike the idea of self service given that the whole idea of it seems to be around punting human labour, so it leaves me doubly furious when shops have self scanners with no one dedicated to paying attention to them. Tesco etc are generally ok, but the Larbert Sainsburys is a joke. Often the main checkout is unmanned and the folk working are having to run about stacking shelves etc, and are no where to be seen when you need them to sort out the self service. Shite.

Also, whilst we are here, those ones and several others not defaulting to contactless payment meaning you actually have to touch the screen to select it. Shite.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I dislike the idea of self service given that the whole idea of it seems to be around punting human labour, so it leaves me doubly furious when shops have self scanners with no one dedicated to paying attention to them. Tesco etc are generally ok, but the Larbert Sainsburys is a joke. Often the main checkout is unmanned and the folk working are having to run about stacking shelves etc, and are no where to be seen when you need them to sort out the self service. Shite.

Also, whilst we are here, those ones and several others not defaulting to contactless payment meaning you actually have to touch the screen to select it. Shite.

That is 100% my petty thing, you should be able to wave your card over the reader at any time to pay rather than having to confirm you have finished scanning, which is the main advantage to using an actual checkout.

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I used to think that about getting rid of staff too but every time I’m in Tesco numerous staff on breaks are using the self scan for their snacks so if it’s good enough for them...

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I used to think that about getting rid of staff too but every time I’m in Tesco numerous staff on breaks are using the self scan for their snacks so if it’s good enough for them...

I mean, they wouldn't be the first UK collective of hens to invite the fox in for lunch but I take your point.... 

14 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I've not long fell down the stairs, it was bloody sore.  I've hurt my shin and ankle.

I also fell on the ice yesterday hurting my right knee  and my shoulder already hurts from shovelling snow.

I also have a sore throat.   I don't think I will make it through the night.

Might as well have a bevvy to numb the pain.

"NHS in crisis: Vaccinations at risk as staff risk life and limb attempting to get to work"

Dig as much snow around their car, I'm talking like 5 foot worth so they cant get access at all.