Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 21/01/2021 at 16:08, GiGi said:

Still. Not. Fucking. Sorted. This shower are so bad I want to go to their office and break shit.

Called today to see where my complaint is at, give reference, sorry sir that is a type of reference for us but it's not a complaint. There has been no complaint raised I'll have to do this for you now. You will get a call back in 1 week.

FFS all I want is my money! In 1 week it'll be over 8 weeks since I first requested a refund with no movement. If my complaint handler is not calling to tell me the money is winging its way to me in all haste then it's ombudsman time but that will take potentially another month to see any resolution.

Think I'm just better calling the bank and telling them to pull my money back through an indemnity claim?

😂

Guess how much further on with this I am. Ombudsman it is.

They were 2 days late on their maximum time for a call back (10 working days so over a fortnight) yesterday to tell me whatever the f**k was happening, so I called them properly fuming about it for the first time in all my calls with them, and in full Karen mode demanded a customer service manager call me directly to explain to me what the f**k they're playing at, why they haven't fixed anything, why they're not telling me anything and when I'm getting my fucking money back. They said the manager would be calling me at a time of my choosing today. Great I says, 9am sharp please.

Now 12pm and you can guess whether or not a service manager, or indeed anyone from the company, has bothered to pick up the phone. I've just called them again to read the riot act at this latest abject failure in service for an ongoing complaint and the manager in question has just called me now to explain that there is no update to give, and when I said 'not good enough' and asked for a more senior person to step in they said the soonest I can speak to anyone in the directors' team is the 23rd. She probably heard my palm hitting my forehead.

I will be compiling a Rafa Benitez Book of Facts this afternoon. Time to wring out as much compo from these idiots as possible.

[emoji23]
Guess how much further on with this I am. Ombudsman it is.
They were 2 days late on their maximum time for a call back (10 working days so over a fortnight) yesterday to tell me whatever the f**k was happening, so I called them properly fuming about it for the first time in all my calls with them, and in full Karen mode demanded a customer service manager call me directly to explain to me what the f**k they're playing at, why they haven't fixed anything, why they're not telling me anything and when I'm getting my fucking money back. They said the manager would be calling me at a time of my choosing today. Great I says, 9am sharp please.
Now 12pm and you can guess whether or not a service manager, or indeed anyone from the company, has bothered to pick up the phone. I've just called them again to read the riot act at this latest abject failure in service for an ongoing complaint and the manager in question has just called me now to explain that there is no update to give, and when I said 'not good enough' and asked for a more senior person to step in they said the soonest I can speak to anyone in the directors' team is the 23rd. She probably heard my palm hitting my forehead.
I will be compiling a Rafa Benitez Book of Facts this afternoon. Time to wring out as much compo from these idiots as possible.
This is Scottish Power you're dealing with, correct?

On their "don't wait in the queue, we'll call you back when x and y time" earlier, the first callback I got suspiciously disconnected when still listening to hold music, second time the call was 40 mins later than the end of the timeframe, then I had 5 mins of hold music before I got through.

And all I wanted to do was increase my direct debit (which I'd tried to do for a fortnight on my online account)!

4 minutes ago, Markka said:

This is Scottish Power you're dealing with, correct?

On their "don't wait in the queue, we'll call you back when x and y time" earlier, the first callback I got suspiciously disconnected when still listening to hold music, second time the call was 40 mins later than the end of the timeframe, then I had 5 mins of hold music before I got through.

And all I wanted to do was increase my direct debit (which I'd tried to do for a fortnight on my online account)!

Aye. I don't do the "we'll call you back" thing, only time I tried it I wait for an hour, then the call back came, which was just hold music for a further 1hour+ before I spoke to someone. They are honestly the worst company I've dealt with in any industry without question. My only concerns now are getting my money back, interest charged on the balance they've been holding, significant compo and then getting them to f**k.

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Aye. I don't do the "we'll call you back" thing, only time I tried it I wait for an hour, then the call back came, which was just hold music for a further 1hour+ before I spoke to someone. They are honestly the worst company I've dealt with in any industry without question. My only concerns now are getting my money back, interest charged on the balance they've been holding, significant compo and then getting them to f**k.

Time to get one of the aforementioned newspaper types involved. Kick up a big fuss on social media as well, and also leave negative reviews on Trustpilot and similar sites.

Get these c***s properly done.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Time to get one of the aforementioned newspaper types involved. Kick up a big fuss on social media as well, and also leave negative reviews on Trustpilot and similar sites.

Get these c***s properly done.

I'm not sure I could do disappointed newspaper face nor would I want that kind of publicity. Social media would have been an option but I don't do twitter or that. I have however just finished typing up a massive complaint complete with a list of demands to the Ombudsman. They were efficient in exacting an arse booting just over a year ago for a separate issue so I'll let them loose again first and hope they do a similar number on them this time.

Just now, GiGi said:

I'm not sure I could do disappointed newspaper face nor would I want that kind of publicity. Social media would have been an option but I don't do twitter or that. I have however just finished typing up a massive complaint complete with a list of demands to the Ombudsman. They were efficient in exacting an arse booting just over a year ago for a separate issue so I'll let them loose again first and hope they do a similar number on them this time.

Those regular columns in papers don't usually have photos. It's usually a few of the stories and how the column has sorter things. 

Shockingly things get solved very quickly and all issues are suddenly no problem, and managers etc are suddenly available. 

I've actually had few issues with them as a customer, but might just leave them in solidarity with you. Only pay 32 quid per month for gas + elec normally, which has probably made me too lazy to consider changing to another provider.

I was offered a smart meter in today's call, which reminded me that I got compo off them before because the first time they sent an engineer round years ago to install one, he didn't have a big enough ladder (to check something in the shared stairwell) and then when the second guy turned up a few weeks later he explained it wasn't possible for me to get a smart meter anyway for some reason.

Just now, Markka said:

I've actually had few issues with them as a customer, but might just leave them in solidarity with you. Only pay 32 quid per month for gas + elec normally, which has probably made me too lazy to consider changing to another provider.

I was offered a smart meter in today's call, which reminded me that I got compo off them before because the first time they sent an engineer round years ago to install one, he didn't have a big enough ladder (to check something in the shared stairwell) and then when the second guy turned up a few weeks later he explained it wasn't possible for me to get a smart meter anyway for some reason.

As far as I know I'm on a cheap enough tariff but it shouldn't really matter, I live alone in a wee flat and I'm stingy with my heating so my bills will never be that big anyway. I've just never had anything but problems with them though so the goal is just to move to a company with a better track record for not being worstcunts in service.

Similarly to you I was supposed to be getting a smart meter (ironally as part of the resolution to my previous ombudsman complaint) but when it came to instalation time was told my area is not smart ready. I live about 60 seconds walk away from my mum in one direction and an aunt in another who both have smart meters, but I'm still stuck with the same old 3 rate meter which is causing me problems to this day because they won't replace it.

21 minutes ago, GiGi said:

The Judge - Daily Record Online

Another useless energy provider story.

Got a joint account with my partner to start paying all our bills from. Changed all directions debits easily on every other bills either online or via a quick phone call. Then get to Eon. Online the section that has “amend bank details” has a link that doesn’t actually work as a link, you just click it and nothing happens. Phoned up and said I wanted to change direct debit, go through it all with them and they claim the sort code isn’t correct - despite it working for every other bill. Said they’ll have to send out paper form to fill and return to get it changed and will be there in 3-5 working days. It’s not been well over that but still nothing. Can’t get through on the phone now either. 

I’m tempted to cancel the current direct debit as I’m sure they’ll get their arse in gear when no money comes in, but assume that has potential to damage credit score?

I’m sorry to hear that. Hope you can get something soon.
Cheers. Thankfully I'm in one of the few job sectors that seem to have actually got busier over the last year so it shouldn't be too long term, just a pain in the arse getting 3 days notice.

37 minutes ago, Aidan said:
4 hours ago, Jambomo said:
I’m sorry to hear that. Hope you can get something soon.

Cheers. Thankfully I'm in one of the few job sectors that seem to have actually got busier over the last year so it shouldn't be too long term, just a pain in the arse getting 3 days notice.

Gravedigger?

14 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I've not long fell down the stairs, it was bloody sore.  I've hurt my shin and ankle.

I also fell on the ice yesterday hurting my right knee  and my shoulder already hurts from shovelling snow.

I also have a sore throat.   I don't think I will make it through the night.

Might as well have a bevvy to numb the pain.

Thoughts & Prayers 

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

I've not long fell down the stairs, it was bloody sore.  I've hurt my shin and ankle.

I also fell on the ice yesterday hurting my right knee  and my shoulder already hurts from shovelling snow.

I also have a sore throat.   I don't think I will make it through the night.

Might as well have a bevvy to numb the pain.

Your getting as bad as those numpty Pars supporters.