well fan for life

Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Sitting down to watch something I’ve recorded on Sky, and it starts with the last couple of minutes of the previous programme and then the following adverts.
No need, Sky, you c***s.
Surely you do what I do and select "user defined" for a start and stick in 3 mins?

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

You can kind of see his point, he doesn't want folk coming into his shop.  He could have been less of a dick about it, of course.

He's the Tool in "Toolstation" 

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

"I’m trying to make this like click and collect to minimise the time people spend in here, and then we get folk like you coming up”.  

:lol:

What a nerk. 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

You can kind of see his point, he doesn't want folk coming into his shop.  He could have been less of a dick about it, of course.

Indeed, although it’s still the usual setup (a manned desk with a catalogue), not a click and collect point as he clearly prefers it to be.  If they don’t want walk ins then just make it C&C rather than whinge about competitors giving you their custom.  

The location of screwfix across from work, yet people still stop and ask where it is 😂

Screenshot_20201029_144255_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

6 minutes ago, philpy said:

The location of screwfix across from work, yet people still stop and ask where it is 😂

Screenshot_20201029_144255_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Do you work at Quik Lube?

image.png.caf00da646a0e259b4c39f3af30d087a.png

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Rosebank Cemetery.

Fucking corpses coming in at 4:57pm, expecting to be buried.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave
I can't spell 'cemetery'. I blame Stephen King.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
On 27/10/2020 at 19:43, mathematics said:
Sitting down to watch something I’ve recorded on Sky, and it starts with the last couple of minutes of the previous programme and then the following adverts.
No need, Sky, you c***s.

Surely you do what I do and select "user defined" for a start and stick in 3 mins?

Besides the point! Sky trying to force me into watching adverts is a PTTGOMN.

On 28/10/2020 at 08:29, TheScarf said:

I'm only 5"10 but when I'm out and about or in work or the pub I'm taller than a lot of other males there.  What's the UK average height these days?

And before anyone starts, no I don't work in a primary school, or a place where Hobbits live.

^^^

51sXp25L0iL._SX466_.jpg

On the YouTube app they've stopped you from clicking on the time line line and jumping to that part of the video. You've now got to grab the little white dot and slide it to the position in in the video.
Very petty but very annoying.

10 minutes ago, spud131 said:

On the YouTube app they've stopped you from clicking on the time line line and jumping to that part of the video. You've now got to grab the little white dot and slide it to the position in in the video.

Thank you. I'd convinced myself that I'd imagined it used to have that functionality.

Tech companies are great for removing options and telling you it's somehow an improvement.

55 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Just went and tested this and it's not my experience, can click on timeline fine just like always. Are they doing some sneaky A/B testing?

Just went and tested this and it's not my experience, can click on timeline fine just like always. Are they doing some sneaky A/B testing?
Are you android or ios?

Just now, spud131 said:
1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

Are you android or ios?

android

android
I'm the same, not sure why mine no longer let's me just press which part I want to watch.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

image.png.caf00da646a0e259b4c39f3af30d087a.png

Thats Seafield road mate. Cross the road to the left, keep walking and you'll end up in a watery grave. 

Tradesmen that dont get back to you. Fucking just send me a message saying aye or naw.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Thats Seafield road mate. Cross the road to the left, keep walking and you'll end up in a watery grave. 

I’m in that Screwfix constantly. Now that I know where you work I’m going to appear regularly at 4.55pm just to browse the timber for 20 mins, and never to actually purchase anything.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

I can't find the book I want to read. It was in the kitchen and now it isn't.

If this scenario was played out in "The Broons" you'd be Paw Broon, the book would be called "How to improve your memory" and the rest of the Broons would call you a daft gowk 

As it is your book is probably in the bog.