Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Haha aye definitely pal. It's been a terrible 20 odd hours for me.

Nah, if I was arsed about a few red dots, I would be contributing to the wrong forum. 

Incidentally, not 10 minutes ago a colleague has just told me they're "glad it's nearly Friday" as they're shattered. According to you lads I should have put my arm round them but I made a perfunctory sympathetic noise and moved on. Hit the middle gound. 

I was just taking the piss mate with the giff.

I think most of us were just taken aback that somebody would not think that single folk or those with no kids could be tired - it's just nonsense t.b.q.h.

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I was just taking the piss mate with the giff.

I think most of us were just taken aback that somebody would not think that single folk or those with no kids could be tired - it's just nonsense t.b.q.h.

What I said was taken the wrong way but it’s all good pal. ☮️

Edited by jimbaxters

9 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Play parks were used for drinking and winching when I was wee. Sad that single maws are repurposing these areas. 

Play parks were used for drinking and winching when I was wee. Sad that single maws are repurposing these areas. 

Cause and effect..

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

"It was erected by factoring firm Screen Autumn, which maintains the estate – a mix of private and affordable homes – for developer Springfield Properties."

Well, apart from the obvious question (is private housing not affordable) there appears to be residents who are in social housing as part of the development, so are the ones in the photo outsiders?

21 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Well, apart from the obvious question (is private housing not affordable) there appears to be residents who are in social housing as part of the development, so are the ones in the photo outsiders?

Think "affordable" homes are mid market. They're more expensive than social but less than private. There are usually stipulations on earnings to allow you one. 

3 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

"Right, stand there. Look pissed off"

Click, click, 

"Right, I'm done"

:lol:

I remember my team had one like that in the papers a couple of years back - we'd hosted some schools final at the tail end of the season, and one of the fathers had turned up steaming, got into a scrap, been flung out and caused the game to be abandoned. Almost unbelievably, he pitched up a couple of days later in the paper doing That Face, claiming it was our fault because the social club had been open, thus causing him to get unavoidably cunted prior to the game...I think he felt the pubs up and down Maryhill Rd should also no doubt have closed their doors before such a powderkeg fixture.

Unfortunately the story now seems to have disappeared from the net, which is a shame as the comments section was a joy to behold.

I have an amazing spreadsheet that tracks my electric and gas bills which, by simply entering my meter readings, automatically calculates the monthly consumption, costs, my current balance and updates graphs showing kWH consumption over the last 7 years.

A4F9C01D-413A-4889-B083-C1E25E754B86.jpeg.dfd822c61f3c3249933c70128e74a182.jpeg

Except it doesn’t, because every day the national grid sticks a wet finger in the air and comes up with a different value for the Calorific Value used in the equation for calculating gas consumption.

Spoiler

https://www.nationalgrid.com/uk/gas-transmission/data-and-operations/calorific-value-cv
The amount of energy consumed by a customer is calculated using the formula below. The United Kingdom mainland has been subdivided into thirteen charging areas. We provide a daily CV average for each charging area to the gas shippers and suppliers. It's calculated as follows.

The volumes of all inputs into the charging area are measured daily and a daily CV average determined for each input. The daily CV average for the charging area is then calculated by summing the product of the CV and volume for all the inputs and dividing by the total volume of gas entering the charging area.

CV = (38.2 x 6) + (40.2 x 1) + (39.6 x 3) (total energy) / (6 + 1 + 3) (total volume)

The maximum daily CV average for the charging area permitted by the regulations is equal to 1.0 MJ/m³ above the lowest measured daily CV average of the inputs into the charging area. All domestic customers and most industrial customers are billed on the basis of the daily CV averages for the charging area in which their premises are situated and are applied to the volume of gas consumed. Some very large consumers of gas (e.g. gas fired power stations) have CV measuring apparatus installed on the pipeline leading to their premises, allowing full accounting for the energy delivered.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Just saw this on a tweet shared in the covid thread but felt this was a more apt place to put it. 

People who write "+ve" and "-ve" for positive and negative. 

Such people should use " al" for neutral.